Journey Orchestrator Participant Source Error

Related products: None

I just finished creating my first Query Builder participant source and was presented with this error that appears attached to Step 1 - adjacent to the source:

This is a really confusing error given where it appears. I had to quadruple check my data sets and that my merge task was properly mapped but I could not identify what could have been causing the error.

It turns out this error is showing due to Step 3 - Mapping Participant Sources.

The error should appear on the step that is actually erroring, and the error should not appear before I've even gotten to the step. 
Agree -  was stuck on this last week, too!
Frustrating!
Hi,

Thanks for sharing this. The idea of showing it in the first step was to highlight the fact the program needed certain mandatory fields so that you don't realize at Step 3 that it is missing and go back to Step 1 and configure the same. 

We will address this soon.

Thanks

Abhishek S
But there isn't an issue with the query and because of where this message is showing it makes it seem like it is - regardless of if it's "info" or "error" icon. 

Obviously the logic is checking step 3 to see if the mapping is there and if it's not, this message is getting thrown.  The message should show up on Step 3 where the logic is getting checked.
Yes. That is what we are planning to do by moving the validation to Step 3.
Ah ok - sounded like you were just going to change the icon to "info" Thanks!
Thanks Abhishek!

I ran into this confusing error, too.  Recreated data set many times before figuring out it was mapping.