JO Automated Reports through Email Templates

Related products: None

Hello,

My current problem statment is that I am using JOs to send internal reports to Internal partners for monthly files they need. The JO works great. However we do make updates to the report (fitlers) and would like for the updates to reflect in the JO email template with out us having to reset the template. I do understand that this was designed purposefully however i think a great enhancement would be the option for live reporting updates to JO templates option. Maybe built into the JO functionality itself would be great. 

This will help promote the use of JO as currently If i have to continue updating the JO then I might as well send the once a month file manually. The time consumption becomes the same. and Time is money. 

@kate_peter @kate_green 

Thank you. 

Darshana Shah

ADP Client Success Operations

It would be great to be able to “push” the updated report to the JO as opposed to having to go into the JO and update the report each time any changes are made.

+1 million -- Had this issue so many times where I swear I updated the report, and then, go in to see it’s updated, but then remember I have to go update the JO too.  Would definitely be up for either a) a reminder to go update it or b) a notification asking if you want to push the changes to the JO.

@darshana.shah changed this to a enhancement request and redirecting this to our product team.

Hello @heather_hansen @kate_green @darshana.shah 

As template used in JO works on mapping the token  with appropriate field, when report gets updated if we automatically pull that report then chances of tokens available in report may not be mapped in JO and can result in unforeseen results. 

I would agree with @heather_hansen  about sending notification about changes in report. I would also want to know how frequently reports get changed.

@chethana can you elaborate on this a bit? “then chances of tokens available in report may not be mapped in JO and can result in unforeseen results.”

I am not sure I understand the token piece either. @chethana I would suggest taking any dependencies out from JO and just create the control from the reporting. 

This happens with Playbook updates as well. 

The intuitive answer is that changes made get pushed to where they are used. Even if there is a warning that displays the dependencies on where the report is used and that saving will auto push, that would be helpful. 

Hello All,
The point i was referring is, if you add a new field as part of report edit, then bringing in that field in JO needs mapping for program to work, that’s the reason we don’t automatically update report changes as it starts breaking the program.