Ability to bucket values in Reporting

Related products: None

I often find myself exporting to Excel in order to "bucket" values in reporting - kind of like creating a categorization on the fly like you can in SFDC Reporting.  Would be great to do this in Reports 2.0.
I agree. This is a need.
Agreed!  I often end up running the same report in SFDC or exporting data to tableau. I hate to send our users to a different tool for reporting but sometimes I have to.  Would be ideal to keep our reporting in Gainsight, especially since we're trying to drive better adoption...
Put in my vote for this as well. We need a way to provide a numerical value for survey answers to be able to sum and average survey answers when using Reports 2.0. 
Any updates on this?  
This would be a huge value add. We frequently need groupings to make large reports more digestible. Similar to Sara, I have to build these types of reports in SFDC and tableau, but would rather keep our reports centralized within Gainsight. 
Has there been any updates/changes to address this need that anybody knows of? We were looking at the ability to do this as well.

Our goal would be to bucket a couple of different data sets in to one bucket in order to see these in different Dashboards/Reports and we weren't able to see a way to do so just yet from what we could tell. 
100% agree on this. I have had to get our Ops team to work some magic to pull data into Salesforce so I can report in there with the bucket feature. It would go a long way to simplifying my necessary report locations if they were all in one spot.
Product Team, 

I have a few customers that are looking for this ability. Could you provide an update on if this is on the roadmap?
This is huge and would be extremely helpful in many situations with almost all of my customers. 

I've been watching out the window for this one for a while. 

Is there any update on whether or not this idea is on the roadmap?
Does anyone have a useful workaround, in the absence of this feature?
Honestly, I have not found a great way around this. Our Ops team has done a good job of providing me with various Formula Fields in Salesforce that offset my needs to bucket. Unfortunately, you cannot group off of Formula Fields in Gainsight reports either. 

The best thing I have found is filtering based on the criteria of the bucket and then making multiple versions of the report for each bucket. Finally, I slap them into a dashboard so I can see them all at once. Quite a bit more work than necessary, but it does get the job done.
Starting to encounter this limitation in multiple scenarios. This is a must have for aggregated reports. The workaround of creating calculated fields all over is really becoming a problem.

This would be huge for our product!

Depending on the exact use case, there might be options to use Data Designer to handle the formulas and grouping. 

Would also love to see this added. This is something that we use quite often in SF and would go a long ways in helping us start to make Gainsight our new reporting central. 

Another +1 for this feature. We’ve had a few requests lately to move some current Salesforce dashboards into Gainsight (yay!) because that is where our Exec team wants to work but we’re unable to recreate a few of their reports without adding additional fields and ‘calculating’ the buckets that way. One specific example...we have a list of 8-10 ultimate churn reasons and want to classify those into Preventable and Non-Preventable on a line chart.

Is this going to be part of Horizon Analytics? This has always been a pain point for me, but I’ve always been on the SFDC edition and just used Salesforce reports instead. Now I’m at a new company where I can’t do that because of NXT and relationship data that exists only in Gainsight. I want to do basic things like create a pie chart for our relationships that are onboarded vs not onboarded depending on the relationship stage, or the percentage of customers that have a CSM assigned vs not. Right now my options are

1. Give up on percentages and beautiful graphics and just create a dashboard of pure widgets. Eg: Total customers, # customers with CSM, # customers without CSM → tell our executives to do the math themselves to find the percentage

2. Export out of Gainsight and do everything in spreadsheets

3. Create custom fields and rules for every bucket we want to look at. I feel like this is probably what I will have to, but I’m not happy about it because it feels like unnecessary overhead AND because the data won’t even be “live” - it will be dependent on a rule schedule to update so inevitably someone will complain about something being mislabeled in the wrong bucket in a report because it hasn’t updated yet.

Other things I considered:

-calculated field on the relationship object. Advanced formulas where I could use case expressions only seem available on number and currency type fields though

-real-time rule that could update the bucket field (so basically #3 but the data would be live). However, can’t update any Gainsight objects right now in real-time rules, it’s insert-only on low volume objects

-I thought maybe I could use the same Alias on a report, if I just gave the same Alias to multiple values that would work as a bucketing system, however that is not allowed.

Am I missing something? Because something that would take me minutes to do in SFDC is making me want to cry and pull my hair out in Gainsight

This has the status of planned - will it be part of Horizon Analytics? I need to know whether I have to go build a bunch of custom fields and rules or whether I can hold out a little longer for Horizon Analytics. This is so desperately needed.

@mindym I will conclude with the product team once again and get back to you on this. 

This has the status of planned - will it be part of Horizon Analytics? I need to know whether I have to go build a bunch of custom fields and rules or whether I can hold out a little longer for Horizon Analytics. This is so desperately needed.

@mindym this is absolutely planned and will be available in phase 2 of Horizon Analytics. This is part of the formula fields redesign. 

Curious to know where this falls? Looking forward to hearing more about Phase 2 of Horizon Analytics.

@anirbandutta / @rakesh still on ye ol’ roadmap?

@Prateek Parashar could you pl fill in on plans with this one?

I can't add a different use case since all of them are already exposed above, but as everyone said, it's a huge pain point, and would be great to have an ETA

Hi All,

This item is part of our roadmap for FY23 , As we are working on other initiatives like Inline Editing in Reports and Platformization initiative, I will not be able to provide a timeline on when we will pick this, but it’s definitely part of the roadmap