Is there a way to search timeline for comment by a user

Related products: None

Hello Gainsight Community,

I ran a search on the timeline to see if I could view all the the activities I was involved in, including comments. However, the search only resulted with the activities I created. Is there a way to see “all my activity” or is that an idea that has not been requested yet?

Thank you

Janis

Thanks for sharing this idea. We are currently just searching on Activity creator but we will consider this use-case as well based on the number of people asking for it.

@JanisRoss415 are you an admin? You could pull a report but it wouldn’t be able to pull if your name was mentioned in the description (long text fields cannot be used in a filter)

I would suggest either using a report or rule to query the data that you are looking for. You can filter the Timeline comments and/or description field to look for information with your name. 

Hi. I guess we can’t use the description or comments fields in rules or reports in Filters, as these may have the RichText Data Type.

@phani_kumar that’s correct - @jean.nairon see below

Hi. I guess we can’t use the description or comments fields in rules or reports in Filters, as these may have the RichText Data Type.

@JanisRoss415 are you an admin? You could pull a report but it wouldn’t be able to pull if your name was mentioned in the description (long text fields cannot be used in a filter)

@JanisRoss415 changing this to an idea for better tracking purpose!