No Status

Is there a way to search timeline for comment by a user

• 15 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Hello Gainsight Community,

I ran a search on the timeline to see if I could view all the the activities I was involved in, including comments. However, the search only resulted with the activities I created. Is there a way to see “all my activity” or is that an idea that has not been requested yet?

Thank you

Janis

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Thanks for sharing this idea. We are currently just searching on Activity creator but we will consider this use-case as well based on the number of people asking for it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@JanisRoss415 are you an admin? You could pull a report but it wouldn’t be able to pull if your name was mentioned in the description (long text fields cannot be used in a filter)

Userlevel 7
Badge

I would suggest either using a report or rule to query the data that you are looking for. You can filter the Timeline comments and/or description field to look for information with your name. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi. I guess we can’t use the description or comments fields in rules or reports in Filters, as these may have the RichText Data Type.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@phani_kumar that’s correct - @jean.nairon see below

Hi. I guess we can’t use the description or comments fields in rules or reports in Filters, as these may have the RichText Data Type.

@JanisRoss415 are you an admin? You could pull a report but it wouldn’t be able to pull if your name was mentioned in the description (long text fields cannot be used in a filter)

Userlevel 7
Badge

@JanisRoss415 changing this to an idea for better tracking purpose!