Is there a plan to increase # of containers in a dashboard?

Related products: None

Right now you can only add 20 containers to a dashboard. Is there a plan to increase this?
Hi Ky,

Currently no plan to increase the number of containers on a dashboard beyond 20. How do you rate this ask (Good to have, Great to have, Must have) ? What are your use cases that need you to put more than 20 reports on the same dashboard ?

If not 20, what do you think the number should be ?

Thanks

Venky
Hi There,

Anybody else feel the same (that there should be more than 20 reports on a dashboard) ? If yes, can you give your use cases too. What should be the ideal limit in your mind ?

Thanks

Venky
We like to use Widgets in combination with list reports for executive dashboards. The Widgets provide high level numbers on key areas that the executive team cares about (# of Customers, # of At Risk Customers, # of At Risk Revenue, etc.). We then have list reports that provide various details for the executives to review as needed (At Risk Customers Saved, At Risk Customer Lost, Grow customer outcome summaries, etc.). When you utilize the Widgets for high level insights, you quickly use up the 20 reports possible. 
Just one thing to keep in mind with increasing the number of reports on a dashboard - there is a certain performance cost that would slow down the time it takes to load the dashboard (and apply global filters).  The more reports, the slower the total page will take to load. As with most things in software, there is a tradeoff. 🙂
That makes sense Dan. Though I will say that I have dashboards where I am using the max 20 containers and I have not experienced a decline in the performance of any of my reports on the dashboard. 
Hi Venky, 

I would rate this between a great to have and a must have. I think the issue is similar to what Samantha expressed. If you use Widgets you can end up hitting the 20 max very quickly. 

When we have dashboards for teams like the corporate team and the enterprise team, that houses a dashboard of general reports we end up getting to the max of 20 very quickly. This is even after breaking out dashboards to be more specific to things like Adoption or Renewals. Because of the max we will have to break apart general reporting into two dashboards which breaks up the workflow and consolidation of these reports that work together. 

Ideally I think that having 30 containers would be sufficient, or 20 containers and 10 widgets. It almost seems that widgets should not be counted towards the max because it is not displaying much. 
Hi Everyone, Please respond here if you too want his enhancement.Based on more me Too's, we may take this up in the feature. 

@Ky , Thanks for bringing this up!

+1, we would love to put more widgets in our dashboards

I would say that we need at least 30-40. I’m happy for it to take a bit more time to load. 

+1 on more containers (and more flexibility on how to size, move and position containers). Widgets provide high-level context for different reports and it adds up quickly. 

With our horizon reporting we are enhancing this limit of 20 to 25 (we are looking to increase it further depending on initial results). In addition to that, we are making it much more flexible. A preview below:

@rakesh great to hear! looking forward to the update

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Horizon Analytics in both SFDC NXT versions. Horizon Analytics has new capabilities such as responsive charts and dashboards, flexible dashboards with more widgets (Image, Web Page, Rich Text), etc. 

Following are the major advantages of Horizon Analytics:

• New and improved User Interface based on the Gainsight Horizon Design System.

• Easy access to a list of Reports and Dashboards.

• Easy to share your Report and Dashboard through PPT or Link.

• Ability to retrieve the deleted Reports or Dashboards from the Trash folder.

• Easy to enable/disable the Report data downloads (including external links)

• Easy to enable/disable the lazy loading of Report Widgets.

• Easy to select the Color Palette, either Gainsight Defaults or Custom Colors.

• Simplified drag and drop capability for adding fields to the Report.

Thanks for posting!