Question

Recommendations for Deleting (or Demoting) a Usage Measure when that Feature has been deprecated

• 21 May 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Does anyone have recommendations or best practices for removing a Measure from the Usage Configuration when that particular Measure has been deprecated out of our product?

I realize I could delete the Measure outright, but there is some great historic usage data that we would like to retain. In fact, we often compare the historic usage of the deprecated feature with the current usage of the feature that replaced it, and use that analysis for identification of risk or growth.

However, if I leave the Measure untouched, it continually appears in the Usage drop-downs with a consistent and growing row of 0's. It looks broken

At risk of solutioning my own question, I'm looking for an Active/Inactive flag on Measures that allows me to signal the Measure isn't active any longer, so I want to demote the Measure, without entirely deleting the Measure and losing all of the history.

Has anyone else arrived at this situation, and what approach did you take to solve for it?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Matt,

I'm not sure, but wanted to comment to increase the visibility with other folks...