Solved

Allow Internal Survey Submission

• 15 December 2015
  • 10 replies

I found the below description about how internal survey submission works, but would be great to get more clarity, please? We're trying to figure out if we can use this as an internal survey tool (that is completed on behalf of customers) 

My questions: 

Who needs access to the survey?

Can someone without Gainsight access take the internal survey on behalf of someone? 

Is the survey still sent to a customer?

Can it be sent to someone other than the Contact ID it's associated with? 

What I found: 

• Allow Internal Submission Check this box if you would like to be able to manually enter responses on behalf of survey recipients. This might be used if you had a low response and decide to do a phone campaign to ask the same questions. When enabled, the internal submission option appears on the Surveys > Distribute page, in the Actions column. (this feature is not available if you distribute via CoPilot)
icon

Best answer by praneet 4 August 2016, 08:54

View original

10 replies

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your query on internal survey submission. Please find below my responses.

• Who needs access to the survey? -- Gainsight Users needs to access this survey.
  • Can someone without Gainsight access take the internal survey on behalf of someone? - Yes, it can be filled by anyone who has access to the link of unique survey response url, It can be found by exporting survey participants in the csv format and from there unique survey url can be exported.
  • Is the survey still sent to a customer?-- No, if you select Submit Survey as Internal User. It's not sent to the customer.
  • Can it be sent to someone other than the Contact ID it's associated with?- Survey can only be sent to Contacts of Account that exist in Gainsight.
Hope this answers your question, Let me know in case you have more questions around it.
Yes you can do it for a survey that is still running but can't do it for survey that is already been completed. You can re-open the survey and then submit as internal user.
Thanks Praneet. Want to make sure I understand, so can I give you a scenario? 

• I have an internal resource who doesn't have access to Gainsight. 
  • We need him to fill out a survey (on behalf of the customer) based on a conversation with the customer (part of an internal process we have) 
  • So, if I create a survey and set i up to allow internal responses, then the my internal resource can submit on behalf of a customer. 
What I'm not clear on is how the internal resource (who doesn't have Gainsight access) gets the unique survey url without sending to a customer. I don't want the survey to go to a customer. Is this possible? 

Thanks for clarifying!
Our team completed a new Tutorial over the holidays which may help guide you here.  Take a look and let us know if this helps!

https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/215303988--New-Tutorial-Submitting-a-Survey-Internal...
Hi, thanks! Helpful to know how to take it internally on behalf of a customer. Thank you. Also need the ability for our internal folks to complete a survey 'about' a customer. In other words, don't want the survey to go to the customer. Just need to collect some information about them. Possible? I am thinking no. Thanks!
Hi - Following up on my comment above. Am I missing a way to allow my internal folks to complete 'a survey' so that we can capture information about our customers without actually sending our customers a survey/requests? 
Hi Katie,

For internal resource who doesn't have access to Gainsight, you can export the participant list. It will export along with unique url for each customer. The resource can click on each of those and provide response to the survey.
Hi Katie,

In Survey properties tab, you can select Allow Internal Submission as Yes and you will be able to allow internal folks to complete 'a survey'.
Hi Praneet, is it possible to do this for a survey that's already been completed and is running? I need to add this feature to a currently running survey. 
Hi Katie,

Did you ever figure out how to successfully complete this? I am wanting to do the same thing.