Integration with Asana for Success Plans

Related products: CS Data Management & Integrations

Exporting Success Plan data to Asana and as well as importing asana projects into Success plans. We have to use external tools sometimes to collaborate on objectives at a project level and using Asana helps us.

Hi @aparimala :

Is each success plan a project in Asana? You can create a report on success plan data and export it as an excel...but wanted to understand if the structure of a project in asana is similar to a success plan 

@aparimala we need more inputs to help you better.

@aparimala - are you on the SFDC version of Gainsight?

There are a couple apps that integrate Salesforce and Asana. Some of them create an Asana custom object in Salesforce that you could link to the CSP tasks. Here are a few options that might help: 

https://zapier.com/apps/asana/integrations/salesforce
https://tray.io/connectors/asana-salesforce-integrations

The only other way I know would be to manually import/export the data on a daily basis to it get’s loaded or leverage the APIs. Either way, if you are looking to just test a few things out, it might be easier to get Asana connected to Salesforce and then connect it to Gainsight SFDC or Nxt. 

We would love an Asana + Gainsight integration as our CSMs are using Asana for task and project management. It would be amazing to be able to add account planning to the mix with parity in Gainsight for account plans specifically, so we could report alongside client health score and usage data. We do not use tools such as Zapier, Workato, or Tray.io.

An Asana + Gainsight integration will be very useful as we have PS resources using Asana to manage and track the success related tasks. This will enable CSPs to have visibility of what’s achieved to allow us to summarize what outcomes have been delivered to customers in a scaled manner (i.e. use Gainsight to summarize c360 info, less app switching, less clicks etc)

@Anil Raj Pujari anything we can share?

An Asana integration would help our CSMs as well. The primary reason why they’re not using CTAs is that there are more flexible systems for managing tasks, such as Asana. An integration (or feature enhancements for more personalization on CTAs) would be amazing for our users!

@Anil Raj Pujari anything we can share?

@anirbandutta 

Not sure if you have any more info on this. I would be happy to participate in any betas or show you how I manage my customers and where I think there would be value in updating Gainsight with info from Asana. I think having Asana as the main driver would work best. 

Having a direct integration with Asana would be great for our team as well for cross-team collaboration with our support, product, and development teams.

A lot of our feature requests, bug tasks, and internal support tasks are managed in Asana, and having that information available in Gainsight would be extremely helpful in making sure our CS teams can stay in sync with the other teams.

Would love to get an update on where this integration stands. Would be happy to participate in any betas or testing related to it. Our CSMs are using GS and many of us also use Asana to track and manage customer projects and communications with cross functional teams. All about reducing redundancies and busy work. Integrations are paramount to that effort. 

Looks like there are two use cases. Would like to know which one is a bigger pain point. 

• integrating Asana with Gainsight. 
    • bring in information from Asana for reports, dashboards & rules on Asana projects & tasks data. 
    • Access Asana from within Gainsight. View projects related to the company in C360
  • Integrating Asana with Success Plans 
    • sync between objective-CTAs/tasks and tasks of Asana when success plan and Asana project are mapped.

Though the integration is not in the short term roadmap many features for Success Plan’s project management use case have been prioritised. Features include customising tabs in success plan, admin configured summary page with performances widgets, capturing multiple CTA types/layouts (as defined by admin), CTA views, getting link to share success plan with internal/external users, and capability for external users to create & delegate CTAs/tasks.