Insert reports in email without making it personalized

Related products: None

Hello Team,

Sending an email via AO is great but it is compulsory to have the acc or contact id populated to make it personalized. Our requirement is to send generic report and we donot wish to make it personalized. Any thoughts if this can even be done?

Regards,

Jahnavi
Yes - I'd love to be able to send high level reports inside of an email to our senior leadership or other internal teams.
Hi Jahnavi - I'm not totally following your "generic report" comment. Would this be like a sample report or a report that is not specific to a single customer but is rather content that would usually reside on an internal dashboard?
What I mean is... not account specific, where you're not filtering the report based on the account you're sending the email to.
So in your use case, Kate, this would be an internal report that could have data from multiple customers on it, right?
Yes, and correct me if I'm wrong, but when I map a report to a template in an outreach, it only gives me the option to map to reports that have an account id lookup to match to the contact being sent the email.
Correct. Sending reports via CoPilot requires that you have a single account - this is by design and to prevent you from accidentally sending information out to a customer that does not belong to them.

If you wanted to share reports internally, we recommend using Dashboard Sharing
Yea, that's what we're going to do but ideally would want to have a snapshot inside of the email.  Thanks Dan!
Hi Jahnavi and Kate,

Thanks for sharing this use case. We can think of removing this restriction so that you are able to add other reports as well. This restriction is there for security purposes to prevent from accidentally sending reports which a customer should not be able to see.

We will  prioritize this use case based on similar request from customers and update here accordingly.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hey Dan

Joe and I worked on this and we used the old copilot for this for now. But it would be nice to have in AO

Regards,

Jahnavi
Hi All, Since this is working as expected and its new feature request,changing this to an idea post. 

Thanks for posting 
Hi Kate,

The only way to send a report with no account or contact id in the filters is by using a "User" power list by choosing "Create power list for - User" in your power list. As of now this is not supported in AO(enhancement request here).
+1 We have the same request from our Executives who just want a high level overview - automatically emailed to them a semi-regular bases.  While they have access to the Dashboards, they don't like the email view of the Dashboards in the Power Point option.  And they are rather busy, so looking up an email on their phone is easier for them than trying to pull up a Dashboard.