IN DEVELOPMENT

Info Toggle Reporting Widgets

• 24 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi we build out complex dashboards for our field and leaders with data designer. With those we often build FAQ’s to help them understand how to read trending, heat maps, etc. It would be great to have an info button on the widget themselves so they don’t have to navigate back and forth between the dashboard and the FAQ

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @kardalan5 ,

Thanks for posting. As a part of our overall redesign of reports and dashboards, we are brining the capability to add a rich text widget - which provides you the way to explain how to read the dashboard in the dashboard instead of an FAQ document. I’ll adding a screenshot here, do let me know how this looks:

Userlevel 1
Badge

This looks great, I like the note at the bottom that speaks to the age of data as well. When is the expected timeframe for roll out?

Userlevel 7

This will beta in Aug and the expected beta duration is 1-2 months depending upon various factors. The beta is a parallel system without impacting any production processes (JO, C360, the existing dashboards)

@kardalan5  to clarify the age of data - this is because we are introducing caching(its to optimize same report runs in the same hour and will always fetch live data if one visits dashboard say the next day) in dashboards for faster loads and people can refresh to get live data if needed.  

Were you expecting the age of data in database?

Userlevel 7
Badge

@kardalan5 did you get a chance to view the comments posted by @rakesh 

Userlevel 7
Badge

This will beta in Aug and the expected beta duration is 1-2 months depending upon various factors. The beta is a parallel system without impacting any production processes (JO, C360, the existing dashboards)

@kardalan5  to clarify the age of data - this is because we are introducing caching(its to optimize same report runs in the same hour and will always fetch live data if one visits dashboard say the next day) in dashboards for faster loads and people can refresh to get live data if needed.  

Were you expecting the age of data in database?

@kardalan5 did you get a chance to view the comments posted by @rakesh 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@sai_ram @rakesh Love this, and I think the age of data makes sense.  It just definitely needs to be clear that the data needs to be refreshed.  Will we also have the ability to rename reports for the dashboard?  The naming logic I use to help me find them isn’t necessarily helpful to the dashboard end user.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @rakesh sorry are you asking me the age of our data? We definitely want the caching as our CSM dashboards etc take a very long time to load.