Not Planned

Include Journey Orchestrator Dependencies in Data Management

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

We’re doing a little spring cleaning and I noticed that there is no dependency section for objects used in JO programs (unless I am mistaken?) This is a huge blind spot and can lead to email programs not working if data is inadvertently deleted before the program is rebuilt to use a different MDA object. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I have also noticed this being a weak spot in JO migrations using Query Builder for the Participant Sources. I have had to rebuild Journeys too often...

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@sai_ram @lila_meyer is this an improvement we might see in the NXT instance?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi Ana, there are some dependency warnings related to JO in data management. More info here. If this isn’t quite what you’re looking for, can you explain a bit more?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @lila_meyer this is the Data Operations feature, but I am referring to MDA object dependencies, specifically for Custom objects. There is a section for Email Templates but not for the actual queries.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@sai_ram Have there been any updates to this functionality? Maybe I missed it in a recent release?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@sai_ram Have there been any updates to this functionality? Maybe I missed it in a recent release?

@ana_g sorry for the delay here, the discussions are still in progress. Happy New Year!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Cornelia and @andutta I realize this is marked as ‘not planned’ but this is a really big blind spot in the product that also hasn’t been included in the new Data Management. Its absence is frankly a mystery to me - if I’m trying to determine if we can delete a field, repurpose it etc., if it doesn’t show up in the dependency checker I will STILL have to to check every single query just to make sure it isn’t in use. That doesn’t make any sense.

Can someone help me understand why this has not been, and apparently will not be, addressed?

Userlevel 6

Let me try to get some answers here @bradleymcg 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Resurfacing -- just hitting this issue now. We have over 70 journey orchestrator programs, accounting for over 100 email templates. This makes our lives quite difficult when we have to assess impact of field changes!