Inbound Email User Management

Related products: None

I am sure I’m not the only one rather annoyed by the fact that Inbound Email users, I.e. those who are able to use the BCC to Timeline function, are a) managed in an entirely separate section rather than right within User Management, and b) cannot be added by a CSV or at least selecting multiple users. 

It would be amazing if this were just an easy “checkbox” within User Management. 

Definitely a pain to have to remember to go to the Email Config page to add them there as well.

A checkbox on the user table or if we could have a separate permission group, I think that would be ideal. 

A checkbox likely makes the most sense, but then comes the question of whether we can control what the default behaviour is.

I fully agree!

Definitely ..Adding users functionality should be enhanced to add Multiple users. In our company, now we need enable this feature and i need add each and every user manually

Very inefficient !!

@gunjanm  -  I think the entire way that permissions are built for various features including this one needs to be  re-evaluated to improve the administrative experience. I have found that I have forgotten the BCC rights multiple times due to it not being in the same location as the end users. 

There needs to be more automation around user creation to automatically opt the users in if they are in a group or something of the likes of a checkbox (as you mentioned). 

Glad to hear that I’m not the only one finding this challenging from an administrative perspective! 

@cnichols completely agreed! Permission Set Bundle Rules are nice, but even those should be related to these email permissions. 

Hello Guys, Bruno from São Paulo, Brazil. I’m quite new here at GS, but at this topic, I’m wondering if you guys have had something like this:

I’m the admin owner of my account and I can’t find a way to start using inbound

Hello Guys, Bruno from São Paulo, Brazil. I’m quite new here at GS, but at this topic, I’m wondering if you guys have had something like this:

@bruno.pelikan Can you please log a support ticket so that our team can look into it

@bruno.pelikan I am creating a support ticket on your behalf. Our support team will reach you. Thanks

+1 to this (and also the Sally slackbot permissions) please can this be added as something in the Permissions Bundles so we can just automatically provide access based on the bundle someone is given. 

Our user access is automated based on their SF access, so once they are created in SF the role dictates what permission bundle they are allocated (using the rules within that section) but then I still have to separately give inbound email and sally rights - very annoying. 

+1 on this! It needs to be in the same place, and actually, would take this further and say the same needs to go with granting permissions to the Salesforce App too. This is also a problem (although, I understand users don’t sync both ways, but in an utopian world, we also need that to not rely on yet another disjointed IT ticket to solve the full permission set. 

How is this still not a thing Gainsight? 

@gunjanm - just increased adoption to include our who AMO group. Going to be a fun day of cross checking our org chart and manually entered users in Email Configuration. ☹️

And make it auditable for us Admins with reporting capabilities.  These should go into the same project!