Inactivate Success Plans and Reason Codes

Related products: CS Success Plans

As we are working on rolling out new Success Plans and Reason Codes while still having the old Success Plans in operation (this will be a long transition), I've noticed that you cannot inactivate a Success Plan nor a Reason Code. This seems like a simple feature functionality considering for Calls to Action, you can inactivate Types and Reason Codes. This allows you to still report on the older versions until they are no longer in use (i.e. completed and/or migrated) without the CSM accidentally using them. Right now, I have to mark "OLD-DO NOT USE" before the Success Plan type and Reason Code so they are not used...hopefully. This makes it difficult to share the success plan via link as the Success Plan Type and Reason Code with this add verbiage would be shown. 

Please note the Reason Codes I no longer want used are the default Global Reason Codes available for all Success Plan types, so they are visibile even if I have Success Plan specific Reason Codes.
Hi Renee,

Completely makes sense to allow marking existing types inactive. By reason codes, do you mean the objective categories? 
Yes, the objective categories.
Agreed, we need the ability to disable the usage of old Success Plans and have better reason codes. The ability to clean up Success Plans is critical to our end user adoption of the tool.

I agree with this as well. As we grow and mature our processes within our company, we need the ablity to hide older plans so they don't get used in error.

We are getting to the point we desperately need this as well. Our initial implementation set up all categories under All, so it’s especially frustrating when creating a new Success Plan Type where we’d like to limit the category options. Any updated on the ‘consideration’ of this feature? Is it on the roadmap yet?

Hello Everyone! 

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.14 release.  Previously, it was only possible to deprecate or make existing Cockpit picklists such as CTA Types/Reasons/Status/Priority/Snooze and Success Plan Templates/Types/Objective Categories inactive. Gainsight now supports deprecating and making Playbooks inactive.

Along with making Playbooks inactive, Gainsight also made some minor behavior changes to the following Cockpit and Success Plans assets while making them inactive:

• CTA Picklists
  • Success Plan Templates
  • Success Plan Types
  • Success Plan Objective Categories

This feature is implemented in only the NXT version.

Thanks for posting!

@rakesh_lingala Will a similar update come to the SFDC build in the future?

Adding a “DO NOT USE” tag to each item’s name isn’t a great solution, but since that update was NXT-only it’s still our only option.

Hi @tyler_tew 

As of today , we don't have plans to implement this in the SFDC edition