In Rules, allow multi-hop lookups / reference fields

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

I'm trying to add a Rule for, "Create a CTA when more than X number of Zendesk Comments have been made in the past week." We have the Zendesk-to-Salesforce integration set up.

In the Rule setup, I select the "Zendesk Ticket Comments" custom object as my source object, but no other objects are listed in the field selector, so I can't proceed with the rule creation since I don't have access to an Account ID field. The object does have a reference field to the "Zendesk Ticket" custom object, which, in turn, has a reference field to the Account.

I imagine that there are many situations where this sort of object-to-object-to-Account lookup functionality would be useful in Rules. For example:

• For Accounts approaching their renewal date, create a CTA for a person with a certain Opportunity Team Role.

• For new customers with a certain Opportunity Product, send an email to the Account owner.

• When Sponsor Tracking indicates that a contact has left the company, create a CTA whose comments include information about how many pageviews that user was generating (according to Google Analytics data).
A workaround for some use cases is to use Salesforce Process Builder to stamp the Account ID onto additional objects, but that is not always feasible, it does not solve every use case, and I'm wary of doing it with custom objects that are part of managed packages, like "Zendesk Ticket Comment".
Can't Agree more. Thanks Seth for bringing this up. Added it to backlog. Will post when I have some ETA of this.
Awesome, thanks a ton, Sundar!
Another use case here: I'm setting up my Sponsor Tracking CTAs, and I'd like to include the URL of the social media profile(s) so that I can insert them into the CTA's comments. Those are stored in the SponsorTracking object, though, and the rule has to be based off of the SponsorTrackingHistory object, which only gives me access to SponsorTrackingHistory, Account, and CustomerInfo.
Happy to see "DataSpaces" in the most recent product roadmap webinar!