Improved Gainsight Task Functionality

Related products: CS Cockpit & Playbooks

Looking for the following updates to Tasks in Gainsight to support a number of different workflows including task creation, task syncing, and task sharing.

1. Ability to distinguish tasks by type (similar to the way CTAs and playbooks can be distinguished by type. Hoping this will allow admins to be able to configure task layouts based on task type
  2. Allow admins to modify some of the OOTB sync fields so that there is additional flexibility in syncing to SFDC tasks. This includes allowing changes to fields like Description/Description, Due Date/Due Date Only, Name/Subject, Priority/Priority, and Status/Status.
  3. Allow mandatory fields on the task layout. This would be helpful if you cannot set the field to be required because data has already been populated
  4. Allow validation, testing, and logs on task syncing. For example, if I try to sync to a required field, validate that it will fail if I try to sync Null values. Similar to the Activity Sync Integration Jobs, I should also be able to test run and view logs before running live.
  5. Allow syncing of Dropdown List and Multi-select Dropdown List task fields to SFDC
  6. Allow field lookups in task syncing for both source and target fields
  7. Allow updating of tasks via Rules Engine
  8. Allow Users to change the assignee/owner of shared tasks (success plans)

If this needs to be multiple enhancement requests, happy to do this, but wanted to capture all the enhancements that would be needed for tasks in one place. Also, if any of these are planned, can you please advise on ETAs? Thank you!

cc: @aditya_marla related to our recent discussion

There is a use case that I have where I would like to see manual fields that are added to the tasks be limited in visibility to only specific Success Plan Type or by Relationship Name. Since in our instance of Gainsight, we have multiple products and I would like to have certain manual fields which are added to tasks to be limited to teams tagged to specific Product Relationship and who have specific Success Plan type opened.

I would also like to see GS add more task configuration options. I can currently only sync tasks for a single SFDC task record type. I would like to see an added configuration option to configure tasks related to Adoption CTA types as I have them linked to the Opportunity object in SFDC. The SFDC Opportunity tasks are a different task record type so I’m currently unable to configure the GS Adoption CTA tasks to sync with the related opportunity tasks in SFDC. This limitation requires the CSM to manage all opportunity tasks in SFDC only.