Improve Email Bounce List and Email Validator

Related products: None

I’m turning what was originally a question, into a product request so it can be voted on:

I also want to call out @caffeinatedadmin s suggestion post on the topic here: https://community.gainsight.com/members/caffeinatedadmin-4657

The issue, essentially, is GS customers share sending IPs with other GS customers (as I understand) so if someone in my IP cohort isn’t good with using operational emails that can cause problems with my contacts. There’s no visibility into this or any real way for admins to do anything if they now have “bad contacts”. Email validator is a clunky and not particularly robust or effective solution.

:100:

Hey @bradley, thanks for posting on Community. Sounds like a great idea, forwarding this to the Product team to look into and circle back with their thoughts on the same. 

Hi @bradley 

Thanks for highlighting this. We will look into possible tooling / options we can provide to improve visibility into failed email sends.

I am adding it to the product backlog for prioritization

Yes please!!!

One of my CSMs recently reported that they were getting this error when trying to send an email from Gainsight: “The following recipient(s) would bounce. Remove these recipient(s) before sending the email”. The kicker: the email listed that would bounce WAS THE CSM’S OWN EMAIL.

The only explanation I could think of was that they someone ended up on Gainsight’s global bounce list from another customer.

I can see the merit in sharing bounce information for specific types of errors - if the email no longer exists, for example. But I don’t want our emails to bounce just because another Gainsight customer got shut out. I think the example above shows how bad that could be.

Yes please!!!

One of my CSMs recently reported that they were getting this error when trying to send an email from Gainsight: “The following recipient(s) would bounce. Remove these recipient(s) before sending the email”. The kicker: the email listed that would bounce WAS THE CSM’S OWN EMAIL.

Yikes!

Definitely run into this a lot.  I had a similar issue to Mindy’s where I was trying to test a JO program using the leader who requested it’s email address, and she was on the Global Opt Out list.