Idea. The ability to use Multi-Select Drop Downs in Timeline Activity Type Setups.

Related products: None

I'm working on expanding one of our (custom) Timeline Activity Types and realized that I can't use the Multi-Select Drop Down.  I can only use Single Select Drop Down.

Is there a possibility of expanding out the Timeline to include Multi-Select Drop Down options?  

Use Case:  We have a user who is speaking with our customers about a new product feature and often times covers a number of topics when speaking to the customer.  We use Timeline to post all of our updates - as it's easier for everyone to see what's going on.  [<3 Global Timeline] We're running into a problem of how to 'tag' the features she covers so it's reportable.  One idea that we had was to use the Drop Down (Category) feature.  As the reporting looks nice and breaks it out - so we could in turn get numbers based off the features covered.  [But in current production, Drop Down only supports Single Select.]

[i]Additional Information: When updating or creating a new Timeline Activity Type; under the Configuration Layout field - there are a number of Field Types, Drop Down being one of them.  However in the current case, the Category that you want to be featured here must be a Single Selec[i]t.  If listed as a Multi-Select it will not appear as an available Category for you.

Thank you for reading!

It looks like this is finally making it into a release! HUZZAH! ;) 

Great news! In our upcoming release (end of October) admins will be able to create multi-select dropdown fields for new and existing Activity Types. This will enables end-users to capture multiple values in the same field while creating an Activity. Be on the lookout for release notes for more details soon. 

I didn’t scream and do a happy chair dance...this is amazing!!! Thank you for the update @jake_ellis!

@TurkOfAges With this new feature, you can add a multi-select dropdown field in the existing/new activity type. But the existing fields cannot be updated. 

To confirm, we would need to create new multi-select dropdown fields and then add to Timeline? 

@jessicatang Yes, you would need to create a new field of type ‘multi-select dropdown’.

Happy to let everyone know, this feature is available as part of October’22 release.

PlannedImplemented

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.