Idea- Real Time rule sync when ever assign new accounts to a CSM or change the CSM assignment on an account

Related products: None

Hi Team, 

Recently we have come across the below use case:

Customer use case:
When we need to assign new accounts to a CSM or change the CSM assignment on an account, our managers use Gainsight to change the CSM name in the C360 UI. We want to then use a real-time rule to push this change to Salesforce right away (we currently have a bionic rule pushing every 2 hours but want it to go faster).

The problem I'm running into is that the real-time rule will not let me map the CSM GSID field in Gainsight to the CSM SFDC ID field in Salesforce because they are different field types.

As workaround we discussed - creating a string field on the Company object to store the SFDC ID of the CSM then use that field to map to SFDC in the real-time rule - won't work because I would need to write a separate rule to populate that field. So then the CSM would be changed by the manager, a rule would have to run to populate the new string field, then the real-time rule would run. This is no faster than what we are currently doing, having a bionic rule run every 2 hours when the CSM field is changed.

Idea is, If we can have the ability to map the CSM GSID field (or another CSM identifier) directly to a field in Salesforce without a workaround, possibly similar to how this is done in the Salesforce connector or bionic rules.
Can you please check on this?

@MIlan Thanks for sharing the use-case here and also writing the workaround for the use-case. 

I am redirecting this to our product team to check the possibility. 

Hi Milan,

This is one of the common usecases which we want to be able to support from Real-Time Rules. 

One approach we are thinking here is to allow expanding lookups from real-time rules directly so that you can create the action based on CSM's Name instead of CSM’s GSID. We will explore the technical capability for this and I’ll update accordingly

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.25 release (SFDC / NXT). Gainsight now supports the addition of lookup fields while configuring Real-Time rules. Admins can add the correct lookup fields to configure Real-Time rules in the advanced filters, formula builder, action type mappings, and the rule details preview criteria sections. 

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!