Idea: Mass Edit User Notification Settings

Related products: None

If there’s a way to already to this, please turn into a question.

Currently, users are able to individually change their notification settings by clicking the bell icon, gear, etc. While we are on NXT, we login through SFDC. Some users still have their preferences set to log in from NXT when they click on a link in an email notification.

This doesn’t work for them, they need to switch it. Currently, I have to explain how to do it, or write an internal article on how to do it (yes GS has documentation on how to do this but I don’t think most end-users will be able to handle it) and share that.

Can we mass edit these notification related permissions and preferences please? At some point we may move to an NXT login so will have to resolve 500+ individual cases, or repeatedly spam people on changing it and still have to walk users through the process.

@bradley sorry for the inconvenience. I agree it's a pain point for bulk cases. Let me check with the product team for any workaround.

@sai_ram Always the hero!

Hello @bradley 

I agree with you. Let me come back to you if we can provide you any alternative for this.

Hello @bradley 

I agree with you. Let me come back to you if we can provide you any alternative for this.

That would be great - it’s not an everyday problem but a hassle when you have to do it.

Hello @bradley 

We are planning to enhance few capabilities in notifications, we will consider this as part of this.

By default, Gainsight has all notification channels turned on. As a result, new CSMs perceive the amount of CTAs they receive as very high - only because they get notified 3 times for the same CTA (email, Slack, in-app). With every onboarding, we have to emphasize this and show them how to adjust their notifications.

Ideally, admins should be able to define the default notification channels for their users. Then, end users should be able to adjust these if necessary. Can you consider these within this request?

☝️ User experience is critical to solution adoption.  This is the other half of the battle for us admins. 

We just ran into this yesterday… again.  Mass edit is a must have.