Idea. Ability to merge multiple records into one, and maintain their information in the new merged record.

Related products: None

While reviewing the data in Salesforce - we found we have a rather large amount of duplicate records.  May it be from early on and someone creating a record without searching for the record first - or account take overs and simply just renaming the record.  Which after reading, I understand way.  If they were to merge, one of the accounts information would be lost.

Is there future planning that would allow all information to be retained from a merge?

For example, I have 8 duplicate Company records.  All of which have information we don't wish to lose.  Ideally when we would merge the record, the information would all be retained into the new 'master' Company record - with an indicator of sorts that it was merged into the 'master'.

Thank you for your time and feedback!
Hi Sagan!

This article has some info on merging records using Gainsight, but it sounds like you're asking about merging records in Salesforce? If you haven't already, you might want to check out this SFDC help article on merging account records. 
Hi Lila!

The accounts are created in Salesforce, but synced to Gainsight.  So there is information we don't want to lose - such entries on the Timeline (main one), but also the Contacts in other cases.  For the times where the incorrect record was used for a period of time to store contacts.

In the particular instance I'm faced with, there are 8 accounts that were created in Salesforce - but synced to Gainsight.  Each record has information that we want to maintain in the new "Master".

In reading the Salesforce, I can merge the records - but unsure how they will affect the Gainsight Record - as it has the Timeline and Contact entries that are still needed.
Thanks for the additional context! I'll loop in our product management team to help answer. 
Thank you Lila!!

Hello @sagan_sherlin, we have recently released the Company Merge feature through which you can merge companies to remove duplicates.

When we merge companies, the data of secondary company will be moved to the master company (for most of the product areas). However, from which of the two companies a data point originally belonged to, will not be indicated.

For more details, please check the documentation of Company Merge feature here - SFDC edition / NXT