Idea: Ability to add custom filters to the Global Timeline

Related products: None

I think that being able to filter by additional fields would be massively beneficial for users.

For example you could filter by Sales Region, or by Segment (SMB, Commercial, Enterprise), or by Engagement Model (Hi-touch, Low-touch, Tech-touch), etc. More ways to slice and dice the data within timeline.

perhaps duplicate some of the filtering that is available under Cockpit for CTAs. The filtering function UI is different but could be unified for a similar experience

Had this request today from one of our Directors. We created a custom field within the Activies that he's able to report on - and reply to depending. It would be awesome if we could configure custom Filters in Global Timeline so say if X = Y show Timeline Entires.

The idea being that he could use Global Timeline to see all Posts that equal that filter and handle the respones there, rather than using reporting on a Dashboard and going into each account individually.

athenahealth is also looking for this functionality. We would like to filter on existing Salesforce fields, like CSM name and also on custom fields added to the Activity object in Gainsight, like subtype.

I would like to be able to filter by fields within the activity layouts. For example we have activity type = meeting, but then created additional fields for meeting type as a workaround to the limit on number of activity types. We can’t filter by that however...

In addition to my earlier comment and in combination with this idea (https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/make-specific-timeline-activities-stand-out-3365), I’d like the ability to both add tags and be able to filter by them in a reportable way -  not just by keyword search in Activity UI search, but by a new dropdown filter in Timeline UI and an additional tag filter for “includes” in Report Builder. Taking it one  step further, it would be fantastic to subscribe to certain tags so that anytime a certain timeline activity type with a certain tag is mentioned, the interested party gets an email notification. @taylor_arrington 

The use cases here being Sales or Customer Success team can be tuned into customer win activities specific to their product focus or specific to a measurable outcome. 

With this in mind, admin-configured tags make the most sense as typos and misspellings become a nightmare with user-created custom tags.

The ability to add filters on custom activityTimeline field, customer/ relationship fields is in progress and should be available in Q2.

This functionality is now available in Global and 360 Timeline.