How to set up Task Record type during Load to CTA Rule

Related products: None

Hello, 

I have following case : 

in our SFDC instance we are using several Task Record Types (onboarding, adoption, customer success) . 

Now during implementing Load to CTA rule, I'm trying to understand if there is a way to set up right task record type for different CTAs that I'm generating by rules. 

For example : when creating Onboarding CTA with tasks under it to load them with task record type = onboarding. 

The thing is that we need to work in parallel in Gainsight cockpit and sfdc that we had , that is why it is important not only load tasks and sync to sfdc but also to set up right task record types for them. 

Can anyone please share ideas ? 
Hey Mariya,

Whenever I bake tasks into CTAs that are made by rules, I use playbooks. The playbook holds the tasks and you can apply that to the CTA in the actions section of the rule.

I hope that helps!
Thanks Scotty for quick reply! 

I'm also using Playbook , but there I can find only basic fields for set up like Status, Subject , Date, Priority . So now I'm wondering how to add there also Task Record type,.... 
Hey Mariya,

Do you not see this field when configuring your 'Create CTA' rule?

Hi Mariya,

If i understand correctly, your looking for a way to Update Task record type on SF task?

Find below steps that i think should work, (i have never tried it before though),

1) Create a Picklist field on CStask object and have same values in it as of Task record types

2) Goto Admin -> Tasks -> Map the above field with SFDC task record type

3) Also add the same field in task layout too

4) When defining Playbook tasks, give appropriate value in the Custom Picklist field

5) Now when you run the Rule and SFDC tasks gets created, it will have the required record type

Note: To reiterate again, this may or may not work, if you find any difficulties, do let me know and i will try to solve it.

Regards,

Hitesh
Hi Mariya,

My Bad, the above steps i suggested are for Task Types.

About your original question regarding Record type, rite now there's no way achieve it as of now. 

i will move this to Idea and this will be taken up as per priority.

Regards,

Hitesh
Hi Hitesh, 

Thank you so much for your reply! 

That would be great to have possibility to set up SF Task record type from Gainsinght.     
Hi Scotty,

No , SF Task Record type is not in the list . 

Thanks anyway for trying to help :) 

Kind Regards!  
Hi Mariya,

One question...while syncing the CTA's tasks to Salesforce tasks you want to choose which SF task record type should it be synced to? If so, would the record type change by CTA Type?
Hi Mariya,

We would like the flexibility to choose what SF task record type our GS tasks sync to. And yes, we would ideally like to have a variety of task types so we can easily report on them. 
Dear All, 

I have already resolved that problem with changing the task record types from Gainsight.

Here what I have done: 

Find below steps that i think should work, (i have never tried it before though),

1) Create a  Text field on CStask object and name it Task Record Type Id. 

2) Identify in SF what are the record type Id numbers for each task record type name (this can done by selecting from the object Record Type in SFDC) 

2) Goto Admin -> Tasks -> Map the above field with SFDC task record type id

3) Also add the same value of field in task layout too

4) When defining Playbook tasks, give appropriate value in the task record type id field

5) Now when you run the Rule and SFDC tasks gets created, it will have the required task record type. 

Hope this will help you too.

Good luck !