how to map data to company person using email address

Related products: None

Hello,

I have a few use cases where I would like to map usage data to company person rather than adding fields to the company person object itself. So I created a custom object and would like to map the email address to the company person table to get user information such as role, persona, etc. (this would be data manual enriched by the CSM within C360)

But the email address is not a field available to map from the company person from data management.

If there is a solution out there please let me know. I looked in documentation and the community and couldn’t find anything. 

Best Regards,

Darshana Shah

Hello @darshana.shah, thank you for posting on Community. Passing this along to our Product Manager to be looked into and circle back to you with an answer.

Hi @darshana.shah Do you want to create a report? If yes, could you please explain your scenario with some more details?

Hello @Shilpa Gumnur I would like to map data from one object to another. custom object to standard. 

I have a custom object called “Platform user” the user has a field which is an email address. I want to map the that field to a company person. BUT the email only exist on the person table and not the company person. So how can I map to company person?

Ultimately this data will be used in reporting, JOs, etc. (as I would assume all data is created for a purpose)

Things I have tired that are not working… in Rules engine try to match company person ID by merging 2 tables together that contain the email address. the company data does not show up despite the face that the ID is there. 

There has to be an easier way to map this?

Best Regards,

Darshana Shah

Hey @darshana.shah could you try the following ?

1. Create a custom field in Company Person that can capture email id.
  2. Query the Person object to populate email id into the custom field in company person.
  3. Then query company person to populate data into your custom object.

If this doesn’t work, I’m happy to get on a call.

Thanks,

SG

Thank you @Shilpa Gumnur. Yes I agree that would work however i was wanting to figure out a way without duplicating the information. As of now I am mapping company person ID within Rules to be able to map back. 

Additional issue from a rule load to person is a field can not be mapped multiple times so i would have to have 2 email fields for all persons that i would want to ingest. which means additional transformation which increases the risk of breakage. I think looking up company person ID and then mapping back is less risky. 

I appreciate your help. I would love to see additional enhancements in company and relationship persons where we can use email or GSID to look up information.