How to initiate a survey outside of Journey Orchestrator

Related products: None

Is there a way to initiate a survey outside of sending an email from a Journey Orchestrator program. I’d like to be able to fill out a survey for a customer while talking to them on the phone. Can this be done through a CTA or some other method in the R360? 

Thanks!

I’m assuming you’re using Surveys 2.0? I don’t know if this would work but you could try the following:

-Create a survey email template

-Create a Playbook and add an email task. Use the survey email template you just created. Make sure to map the survey to the template in the Playbook.

-Add the CTA for that customer

-When you’re on the phone with that customer, open the email from the CTA as if you’re going to email it to them. When you preview the email, click on the survey link. I THINK it should generate the link that would go to the customer - I can’t confirm this because we’re not currently using surveys. I know with Surveys 1.0, the preview email would generate the custom link (but I can only recall that working within the preview that I’d email to me). Then you can take the survey for the customer and submit it for them.

I can’t test this out on my end for you but I’d be curious to know if it works! I’d also love to know a better way to accomplish this since the process I came up with is pretty roundabout - and, of course, tricky territory when you’re pretending to be a customer :)

Following as I am curious whether the above works!

@gunjanm Another option I’m thinking is that you could create a test Program, set it to send only to that customer, send the preview email to yourself and fill it out from there - but that’s such a roundabout way of doing it and also goes against what @mradford is looking for. 

Yeah I’m not a fan of this latter option - it can show a systems disconnect and make a negative/unprofessional impression on the client. @jgalvan 

You can configure a survey to allow for internal submissions. Does this article help?

We have select surveys available for CSMs to manually send via cockpit. The only ‘issue’ we ran into is you need to create a different email template with just the survey link instead of an inline survey question which we like to use in our programs because it inline surveys aren’t supported to send from Cockpit.

@mradford Thanks for bringing this up. We have a road map item to send surveys without using JO

@All, since this is an enhancement request changing this to idea post for better tracking. 

@vikram any ETA on the roadmap for this item?