Horizon Rules - Improve Rule testing Experience

Related products: None

Feedback on testing rules in the Horizon experience:  I’m still facing some of the same challenges I had with the old rules engine.  When you are building a new rule and test running it, and then, need to go back and make tweaks, it’s quite click heavy, and the Horizon changes have made that even more evident with the opening of new tabs for each thing.  I would love if there could be some improvements to made to make this easier:

• You should be able to access the execution log directly from within the rule so that you don’t have to leave the rule you are building to check the results, and then, go back into the rule to make edits.  If you are having to tweak more than once, this is super cumbersome.
  • It would be great to have some sort of preview option for merges or transformations as well.  This would help with the above as well because a lot of times I have to run the rule just to see if these are doing what I want.

@heather_hansen great to hear the feedback from you. 

This is an interesting idea - I’d be curious to see how that would work.   I typically have the rule I’m editing open in one window and the rule execution history view in another window (on separate screens - I’m a 3 monitor/workspace - guy :joy: ) and that typically works well for me.