Horizon report data/chart without source/show field tabs

Related products: None

Hi Team,

Not sure whether a community post or Idea already shared. What i found could be more viable on the report builder is, we need to have one preview screen feasibility after building a report.

What i currently see is, first bar with source data and its field, second bar with formula, show me fields and filter fields and then the 3rd tab section with actual report data/charts etc. 

What i am also looking is only the data or the chart on one single preview screen without additional tabs. In other terms, once we click on the existing horizon report (built already), it should navigate to the preview window and not with the extra tabs.

There should be an edit icon/button to see the extra tabs based on user permissions.

Thanks!

Hi @narayanan_s 

I agree with a few things you have mentioned here. If we break things down into individual components this is what I am reading:

• Permissions for edit / preview reports
  • Experience for preview reports 

We are actively working on an initiative called “End user reporting” to address the first point. 

Exactly @rakesh .

Those are the two good points I was stating. If End User Reporting will have preview version would be of good deed. 

However, for all users (end user / admin) on navigation it should take to preview data but an “pencil” icon for Admin is added feature on the screen. Edit permission should be based on permission bundles user permission set up and for all super admins, it should pop.