Horizon Cockpit: Task View Please

Related products: None

Our users have often requested the ability to have a view into their TASKS only via the Cockpit. It is presently observed that the CTA Name field is mandatory and therefore will not allow for a custom VIEW of only tasks to be created.  Could it please be possible to allow for a Custom Admin VIEW to be deployed for this?? 

We’ve used a “work-around” by adding the “Next Task Due Date” column to the UI, but that doesn’t quite satisfy our user story on this one.  Can this please be considered? The Cockpit is our central work-hub and we should not force our CSM’s to click to a Dashboard to try to get this info. 

@mandy.j This is one of the roadmap items we have picked for this quarter (August-october) timeframe. 

Update: Hello everyone, due to implementation complexity, we have reprioritized this for next quarter (Nov - Jan). Thank you for understanding.

Update: Hello everyone, due to implementation complexity, we have reprioritized this for next quarter (Nov - Jan). Thank you for understanding.

@sriram pasupathi thanks for posting an update on this

Need to be able to work at the task level - not the CTA level. Today I have to open every one of my CTAs to see what tasks I need to complete today or this week. I care about the due date on my tasks far more than the due date on a CTA.

@Richards Thanks for your feedback Richard. I think that task view will help in your use case. We are working on it and plan to release it in November - January timefame.

Hi @mandy.j, as of now there is no ETA/deadline on this, but we will circle back once we have one in place :) 

Hi @Cornelia - is your post correct or is @sriram pasupathi indication of a Nov-Jan timeframe for release correct?   

@CarollynnC We are still on track for the January timeframe. It’s actively in development :)

Really Really Really need a window for tasks only.

Working tasks through CTA’s is a terrible user experience from a clicks required and visibility perspective. Unfortunately for now I am still much better off using Excel or other tools for task management which pulls me out of Gainsight and a wholistic approach to managing my book of business.

Please get this prioritized and rolled out.

Hello @Richards, task view is getting released in the January release (Feb 5, 2022 for the US region). You will be able to access it in a matter of 10 days. Thanks.

Just a note that the new Task View (thanks for putting this back) ONLY shows tasks - if you have a CTA with no tasks it will not show up in task view views:

For custom views you can choose either CTAs or Tasks, but not ‘list of the next things that are due’. Would have liked the option to have tasks, and CTAs with no tasks on the same list so you can really see what the next thing due is.

Suggestion: This drop down box should be dynamic in size to accommodate the number of views to avoid having to scroll.