Horizon Analytics RSS Widget

Related products: None

Would it be possible to add an RSS feed widget for dashboards in Horizon Analytics? I like the new webpage feature, but often adding a whole website iframe when you just want to pull in for example a blog page adds a load of noise and the additional menus which can make it hard to read the content you are interested in.

An RSS widget would let us bring in just the content we want and have this highlighted on our dashboards in a cleaner way. Thanks 

@iainr thank you for sharing your request here. Horizon Analytics is a just born baby and we have plans to make it more intuitive. 

Sharing this with the product team for more visibility. 

@iainr 

If you use any RSS reader, can you embed that as an iframe? Some RSS readers do support it.

@iainr

If you use any RSS reader, can you embed that as an iframe? Some RSS readers do support it.

@iainr did you get a chance to see the comments here?

@iainr

@iainr did you get a chance to see the comments here?

Hey folks, I’ve not had a chance to test this out yet but I’ll give it a shot at some point soon and let you know how it goes

I’ve tried with a couple of online RSS reader tools now and haven’t had a lot of success:

theoldreader.com → just won’t load at all through the web page widget

inoreader.com → this looks promising as we could each build our own custom feed of content, but it won’t let me log in to my account via the web page widget, so it doesn’t work

There may be others that work better out there, if you come across any please let me know.

I’d still love a simple clean native RSS reader widget in Horizon Dashboards though!

I’ve now managed to do some really successful tests using rss.app where I can aggregate a load of different RSS feeds or other sources (twitter accounts, website news pages etc) into a single feed and then deliver that into the Horizon web widget in a really nice clean format (I’m now doing it with Gainsight Home rather than a dashboard, as this will allow each member of our team to have a personalised feed on their homescreen).

Very cool stuff!