Horizon Analytics feedback

Related products: None

Not sure the best way to give feedback on Horizon Analytics since I don’t believe it is technically still in Beta… so will start this thread to capture as I am kicking the tires on it.

1. When I try to access Custom Colors in the new UI, I open an existing entry and the data never loads (this was done in an Incognito browser window, so it’s not cache)
  2. When drilling down into a report from a dashboard, the “Analyze Report” button should not
    appear
    for users that do not have access to Report Builder. 

When a non-privileged user clicks that button, they get a “403 Access Denied/Forbidden” error.  This will result in numerous tickets sent to admin teams saying there is a problem or requesting access.  This should be disabled for all users that do not have access to Report Builder.
    Here are my current report builder settings: 

3. The text that accompanies the refresh button on charts/graphs is misleading.  The example below indicates that the data was refreshed and that if you click on refresh you’ll get the latest data - but this particular graph pulls from a data table that only gets refreshed once per day.  The language here should be modified to remove the confusion.

4. I have a chart that appears to have an unexpected item in the legend in the new UI, but it doesn’t have that in the old UI (hard to see bc of the custom colors, but there is a cream color there, the same color that matches the N/A value)
    NEW UI
    OLD UI
  5. Regarding the “You did some modifications to the dashboard. Do you want us to remember them”
    • It is more grammatically accurate to say “You made some modifications to the dashboard.” 
    • It does not respect the pinned navigator - the message gets cut off:

1. Clearing a filter takes two steps now instead of one:
    New UI

OLD UI
    1.  The date filter is a bit awkward in the new UI… you have to scroll to the right in order to add a second date for a custom Between statement… would be better to have the date fields stacked vertically without the need to scroll:
      NEW UI
      OLD UI

1. When sharing dashboards, I am only able to pick a NXT-direct domain to share - what if the dashboard has SFDC reports on it?  We need to be able to share a link that is displayable via SFDC:

2. Are there supposed to be two sharing options?

3. When I share a dashboard via LINK, I get these errors when clicking through:

4. Selecting the three dots on a report on the far right side of the window sometimes cuts off the options I can only see the full list when I expand the browser to Full Screen - this doesn’t happen all the time, only sporadically...

Can I also ask that on the drill down for a given report, the total records is shown without needing a “click here” button?

I’m not sure why that’s needed. The number of records should load when you do a drill down anyways, and if you change something impacting the number of records that should refresh dynamically too.

Another request:

In the field label rotation, allow for an effective 180 degree rotation, so 90 degrees +/-

Currently you can rotate 90 “clockwise”, but I would like the option to also rotate 90 “anti-clockwise” from the starting position.

Is it supposed to do this? The visualization looks truncated if the legend is removed.

edit: On investigation, this same thing happens regardless of the horizontal and/or vertical alignment of the legend.

Can I also ask that on the drill down for a given report, the total records is shown without needing a “click here” button?

I’m not sure why that’s needed. The number of records should load when you do a drill down anyways, and if you change something impacting the number of records that should refresh dynamically too.

I am afraid that this is something that we would not be able to do with the new way of doing things. Providing this upfront means us doubling the number of report runs (Which is already Millions of report runs every day/week). If the number of records is under 200 (or the page limit), we can do it without clicks and dynamically.

Is it supposed to do this? The visualization looks truncated if the legend is removed.

edit: On investigation, this same thing happens regardless of the horizontal and/or vertical alignment of the legend.

This looks like a bug. I’ll redirect it to the team accordingly.

I am afraid that this is something that we would not be able to do with the new way of doing things. Providing this upfront means us doubling the number of report runs (Which is already Millions of report runs every day/week). If the number of records is under 200 (or the page limit), we can do it without clicks and dynamically.

Can’t argue with the cost of implementation, but it’s at least a suggested area of improvement :)

ON the Dashboard Builder, have the text option is great to set up sections, but it would also be great to have “divider bars” that is just a line to help really set sections

That's a great idea, Andrea. Will work a bit more on any enhancements to sectionize the dashboards better.

ON the Dashboard Builder, have the text option is great to set up sections, but it would also be great to have “divider bars” that is just a line to help really set sections

Hello! Two related questions about Horizon graphs:
​​​​​​

• I'd like to sort a graph by a grouping (ie the fields on the x axis), but I can only figure out how to sort by the metric (screenshot below - I’d like the x axis to be sorted in numerical order based on the label)
  • I'd like to pick which second-level grouping is on top, but I can't find that sort option (ie in the graph in the screenshot, I want “Not Adopted” on the bottom.

Thanks!

Text boxes would be great if the whole text box is colored. Right now, we can highlight text. We plan on using text boxes to help distinguish sections, and have the text box be “colored out” would help this be very clear visually.

Hello! Two related questions about Horizon graphs:
​​​​​​

• I'd like to sort a graph by a grouping (ie the fields on the x axis), but I can only figure out how to sort by the metric (screenshot below - I’d like the x axis to be sorted in numerical order based on the label)
  • I'd like to pick which second-level grouping is on top, but I can't find that sort option (ie in the graph in the screenshot, I want “Not Adopted” on the bottom.

Thanks!

@emcinerney, we are not allowing sorting on picklists for SFDC and high volume objects because of some limitations on the data sources (SFDC).  We are working on providing this option for charts. 

Text boxes would be great if the whole text box is colored. Right now, we can highlight text. We plan on using text boxes to help distinguish sections, and have the text box be “colored out” would help this be very clear visually.

That's a great idea @andreammelde. I’ve shared it with the design team and we will look at it in one of our upcoming releases.

I added a new suggestion, but including here for visibility. 

This is such vital functionality for us, I’m really worried about the switchover now….