Horizon Analytics - Allow to embed Gainsight Surveys

Related products: None

With the new embed tool, we can embed URLs to a Google form but it would be more helpful if I could imbed a survey I created in Gainsight.

That way I can get feedback from CSMs as we roll this out and not have to rely on them logging into Google etc, and the information is better recorded in an object

Hi @andreammelde - sharing my experiences running product operations at Gainsight here. We do use both Gainsight Surveys and Google Forms for different use cases and sometimes the Google Form fits the need better, especially if it’s an internal survey or limited in usefulness beyond a specific project. Google forms also have a simplicity about them that makes it really easy to quickly create surveys that don’t need to have complex contact or account associations. So you can probably guess that my input would be to consider if a Google form might be the simplest tool for this internal feedback use case. 

Hi @andreammelde - sharing my experiences running product operations at Gainsight here. We do use both Gainsight Surveys and Google Forms for different use cases and sometimes the Google Form fits the need better, especially if it’s an internal survey or limited in usefulness beyond a specific project. Google forms also have a simplicity about them that makes it really easy to quickly create surveys that don’t need to have complex contact or account associations. So you can probably guess that my input would be to consider if a Google form might be the simplest tool for this internal feedback use case. 

@andreammelde did you get a chance to view the comments here?

@andreammelde You actually can embed Gainsight surveys into the horizon dashboards. Your limitation though is an anonymous survey so if knowing who sent the request in is valuable, adding required contact fields might be needed in the survey.

From there, you just need the Survey URL and paste that into a web page widget on the dashboard builder.

@bradley thank you for the update! the anonymous is fine.

One of the reasons why I like using the GS survey is that it will continue to live on and can pull reports on it. I have an admin dashboard setup, and I can setup a report there plus have an internal program to create an email to our JIRA ticketing system to review responses