Hide ability for Data Designers

Related products: None

Hello Everyone,

I would like to suggest the Data Designer tables have a hide features. WHY you ask? the way we use data designer is for temporary data for JOs, short-term data analytics (as we built our tech touch program), etc. Some data designers are more permenant with continued improvement iterations. 

After the uses of the temporary DD, we would like to hide the table from rules and reports. As a larger organization we have a great deal of tables and would like to keep things simple and clean and easy for our partners to be able to see and understand such as in Dashboard capability. (you can see everything)

So my ask is to create a way to hide DD tables. (now should that feature stretch to all tables. Yikes that might get scarry) So I would start with DD and maybe re-evaluate if other tables would need a hide feature?

The above statments are my thoughts and opinion. No offense is ment.

@kate_green @kate_peter @prathap 

Best Regards,

Darshana Shah

@darshana.shah Thank you for sharing your request here! How many temporary DD’s do you have now? and how many do you create daily? 

Hello @sai_ram 

Currently, I need to hide one. However, I am using 3 now that will need to be hidden at the end of the JO. 

My use case here is simple. I create DD for JO participation data, as that data can be used for multiple JO for the project at hand. DD allows for more manipulation of data versus Segments that cannot. EX. our ADP Meeting of the Minds workshops are once a year and every year I will create a new DD to serve for multiple JOs. 

Ultimately a year later this will be very messy if I can’t hide the tables from the drop-down list. OR if we can do a collapsable folder within this drop-down in rules and/or reporting. Again not sure what makes sense for the greater good But we need something other than deleting the DD. (that is not an option)

Best Regards,

Darshana Shah

Hi @darshana.shah 

Today you can delete the design and that will also remove the table. Does that work for you?

@rakesh 

5000% NO. Sorry to be so dramatic but it is history of data that we have used for events and reporting. Again my thought process is if the universal data toggle was switched off the data would remain but the option would not show in the drop-down of reports, rules, etc. as that table is no longer getting updates. We just wanted it to have a cleaner UI.

@rakesh

5000% NO. Sorry to be so dramatic but it is history of data that we have used for events and reporting. Again my thought process is if the universal data toggle was switched off the data would remain but the option would not show in the drop-down of reports, rules, etc. as that table is no longer getting updates. We just wanted it to have a cleaner UI.

I would agree - you may have a case where you need to disable the published data for a time, and refresh it before republishing. Those events may not be close together, so you’d want to keep the existing data not needing to do it over again, but not want people using old data for reports and dashboards.

Got it. Will redirect it to the team to see if we can do something here.