Help. Is it possible to roll up Timeline Activites from the Child Account to appear on the Parent Account?

Related products: None

Hi!  So we have items that happen on the child account - but we also want to roll up to the parent account, as a summary (if you will).  Wondering if someone has done this, and if so - would you mind sharing how? :)

Thank you!
Hi Sagan,

Do you mean accounts that are related via account hierarchy and not using Gainsight relationships?

Right now the best way to do this would be via Global Timeline (still in Beta) - you could add the names of the accounts to the filter and it would show all Timeline entries that belong to any of those accounts. 
Hi Sagan,

If you are using account hierarchies in Gainsight, one other way to get a rolled up view is through custom reports. You can build a report on Timeline data and add it as a section on 360. Then checking the box as shown below will give you access to all activities together (parent + all children). 

Hope this helps!
HI Dan!  I don't believe we are using Relationships.  I've not seen that setup/configuration.  But we are using a Hierarchy - for Child and Parent, and are waiting on a 'Grand' Parent to be configured.  But for now, just looking of how to roll up Timeline to the Parent.

We have rolled out Global Timeline - but in some cases (for only certain users) - their Parent account could have up to 35+ Child accounts.  I'll play with the Global Timeline more 🙂
Hi Manu!

That is pretty awesome!  What we're looking for is, we've created a 'Timeline Activity' Dashboard that gives Managers a quick snapshot of their users activity (regarding timeline entries only).  We have one that shows the absence of Timeline Activity on the Parent account.  But in some case, while the Parent doesn't have activity - the child does.  We have a workaround report built - but I like this idea for the Parent Account itself!  I'll try it out!!
Question - I have the report, but can't seem to figure out which 'section' to add to my C360 Layout to choose my report as an option.  Help? 🙂
Hey Sagan - The element you need to drag in is called 'Section/Embed Page'. 
Sagan - here are instructions to add a report to C360 via Section/Embed Page:  https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Customers_and_Relationships/Admin_Configuration/...
Thanks guys! I figured it yesterday shortly after I posted - but forgot to update.  I just released it to the team this morning.  The person that had requested it, got a preview of it yesterday and liked it!

Thank you all!! 🙂

So I think my question falls in this thread but correct me if I am wrong.  I would like to be able to add a Timeline entry to a Parent account and with the click of a button have that entry to show on specific children accounts.  

For example, I had a call with the Executive at the Parent account and 2 Vice Presidents that are each a part of Child accounts.  I input all the info for the Parent account timeline and then would like to Click these two particular child accounts so when I’m looking through their timelines, I see this meeting there as well.  Otherwise, I have to create three separate timeline entries to ensure it’s accounted for in all places.  Any suggestions for work arounds?

Hi @tracyhigginsyoung Welcome to the community, and thanks for posting! 

Are you using Relationships in Gainsight? And the global Timeline view?

Hello @tracyhigginsyoung 

We do have exactly same use case and looking for the solution as well. In our case, we are not using Relationships @lila_meyer 

Thanks,

We are planning to give the option to add a single activities on multiple contexts. So you can create an activity on parent account and add child account as linked contexts. The activity will then show up on all three Timelines. This is tentatively planned for Q3/ early Q4.

@All, changing this to idea post for better tracking purposes. 

We have created a workaround by Creating a Customized View of the Global Timeline with filters.  See image.  This is a viable solution for us but wish we could “clone” these views rather than having to re-create and customize each one.