Reports 2.0: Add ability to widen or narrow columns in tabular format.

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

When I create a report that displays in a tabular format, the Date columns are very wide, while the text columns are more narrow.

I can adjust the column widths while in Reports 2.0, but when I save it, and reload it in the reports interface (or via dashboard) the sizes of the columns have not changed.

I lose a lot of real estate on the page with the date columns being so wide.  See attached screenshot

I need the abilty to have adjustments to column widths persist beyond a "save"  (see attached screenshot #2)

I agree.  It would be great if there was "shrink to fit" or something to make the columns only as wide as they needed to be.
Thanks for the feedback. We've head this feedback before and we intend to execute this enhancement in one of the upcoming quarters.

Thanks,

Sumesh
Any update on this?
Are there any updates on this request?
updates?
Strongly agree with the need.

Our strongest need is where we create reports that shows the Comments added on CTA's.

The column widths of the Comments is very small. This report is part of our c360, helping CSMs to glance through their notes. But now, they have to change the column width every time!
+1 for the shrink to fit option
Hi everyone, This functionality was implemented over the past few releases. The functionality is as follows

1) By default column shrink to fit. (This essentially has a width based on type of field)

2) In report builder, you can adjust the width of the columns. You can both expand and contract. This is sticky so every use will see this. A few things to note though

a) If you expand, it only expands upto a point that is warranted based on the width of data in column. E.g. if you expand a date column (which is only 8 characters) it will ignore this. Einat, when you expand the comment column it should work fine. 

b) When you expand a column, columns whose width is not adjusted will shrink slightly (since the remaining space is divided equally). At some point if the adjusted width across columns it introduces a horizontal scroll. 

Jeff, I want to make sure I understand your comment - 'I need the abilty to have adjustments to column widths persist beyond a "save"' Does #2 address this (you had posted this last year so hope so).

Everyone, can you please let me know if this is behavior you are seeing and if it meets the need. 
Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your reply. I tried it and it did work. As you indicated if I left 1 column not changed, it got to a different width then on the save report. So I had to change the width of all columns to make it persistent. Then it works. 
Yes sir I am able to widen a column in Report Builder and have it persist when displaying on a dashboard.  See first report in screenshot below:

It is great to have the ability to control it, but would be nice for this to happen automatically though so I don't have to manually adjust the column widths all the time.

On the second report above, could the Call to Action Name column expand to the width of the data that exists in it automatically, and have the date/Account Number/Overdue fields adjust automatically as well?
Hi Jeff, the reason why we had to chose width default based on field type not size of text in a field, that you could have 1 value be really large, and this would cause an unnecessary. Of course in a pre-horizontal scroll world, this would not work, but even after we have it seems like it could lead to issues. 
Great help convo!
Hello. I was wondering if this works for a Scorecard, as opposed to a tabular format. I cannot seem to get it to work and was wondering if anyone has had success with this functionality on a Scorecard.

Thanks.

Mark