Heat Map Axis Sorting

Related products: None

I love that there is an option for a 'heat map' style report in the system. However, without the ability for the x-axis and y-axis to sort appropriately the use of the report type is limited. Our organization will often look at 4-box/9-box models for customers. We look at various customer activities on two dimensions, Priority (High, Med, Low) and Opportunity (High, Med, Low). The priority is on the y-axis and opportunity on the x-axis. When trying to create a report in gainsight the y-axis (priority) will display in unsorted orders (M, H, S). This poses a challenge because intuitively you would say the upper right corner of the grid would be the high priority and high opportunity tasks, but the chart shows high priority in the middle row.

Agreed! We want to get all Customer Success reporting in to Gainsight but this is one of those things that we can almost do, but not totally so it keeps us using Tableau.

Hi @scott_schoenknecht 

It is possible to control the position order for the heatmap to a certain extent via ranking and via data labels. I’ll post a screenshot below → Let me know if this works for you. 

Hi @scott_schoenknecht 

It is possible to control the position order for the heatmap to a certain extent via ranking and via data labels. I’ll post a screenshot below → Let me know if this works for you. 

Hi @scott_schoenknecht  did this work for you?