Have the ability to make person fields required

Related products: None

When a CSM creates a new person account they usually add in the minimum fields that help them. It would be great to have first and last name fields required to maintain the quality of our person records.

Hi @j.peabody ,

We plan on allowing admins to mark fields as required when creating Person records in C/R 360. This will be done via configuration in the C/R360 layouts where you pick fields for the Person creation flow (you will also be able to mark them as mandatory).

This is planned for the near-term, I’ll give an update when it’s ready for release.

Thanks,

Kunal

@kunal_bhat can we get an update on this?

@sai_ram apparently Kunal isn’t with GS anymore.  Can you please have someone provide us with an update here?  This is a problem for us.

@sai_ram apparently Kunal isn’t with GS anymore.  Can you please have someone provide us with an update here?  This is a problem for us.

Sure thing, will get it. 

Hi @darkknight 

Currently, we can mark the fields as required in Data management and add those fields to the Add Person layout. We have also made the Name field mandatory when adding new Person records

Sorry, but can you provide more details here? Would the field just need to be made mandatory when it has to be added from the Person section?

Currently, we can mark the fields as required in Data management and add those fields to the Add Person layout.

@pgeorge may you explain how? I don’t see any way to make Person First Name/Last Name mandatory in Data Management (the fields are non-editable)

The goal here, for me anyway, is to be able to pull Person records that were created in Gainsight into a rule and create matching Salesforce Contact records.

The Contact object in Salesforce requires the Contact::First Name and Contact::Last Name populated, and then uses the values in those two fields to auto-populate the Contact::Full Name field.  

What I Need:

Make Person::First Name and Person::Last Name mandatory on the “Add Person” view so that end users are forced to input entries that we can use to create a Contact in Salesforce.

Right now, the Person::Name field is a default field (but not required) on the “Add Person,” however it is useless to me (and I cannot remove it), as I do not have any way via rules to split the value of Person::Name into Person::First Name and Person::Last Name, so that I can use the data to create a Contact in Salesforce.

Hi @darkknight 

Yes, that is true. Currently, we do have the capability to make First name/Last Name unique.

My workaround was for custom fields created for the Person object.

I have the capability to make First name and Last name mandatory in the Near Term roadmap. 

Will keep you posted on the timelines.

Thank you for your feedback

Preethi

Thanks @pgeorge - having the ability to add/remove the Person::Name field from the all the Person views be important as well.

Acknowledged @darkknight  This feedback has come from other Gainsight Admins as well.

We have this on our radar and will be adding it as a part of the First/Last Name improvements

Thank you

Preethi

Hello, checking to see if there is an update here?

I can literally add a new record with no name fields and no email fields and it loads with no issue. 

This doesn’t even make sense seeing as how it is required to have an email field as an identifier in the load to people action.

Hi @Wayne 

Allowing to set mandates to the fields in the Person create form is in the roadmap. Will keep you posted on the timelines.

Thank you 

Preethi

Any updates on this? I’m surprised that the initial request was made 3 years ago yet isn’t done as of today.