GS Sandbox Management Improvements

Related products: None

Requests to make managing a production + one or more GS Sandbox environments easier:

• At least for Sandbox Environments, show the relevant tenant ID (or part of it) on the banner to easily identify which environment you’re in OR
  • Allow environments to be named, and display that name on the banner (at least for admins) to keep track of which tab(s) belong to which environment
  • Better information on Connectors to see which SFDC environment your GS environment is attached to

@bradley your points are noted and with product team now. Thank you for sharing!

@bradley your points are noted and with product team now. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks! 

@sai_ram I should note that you can actually name the environments already, it just doesn’t seem to display anywhere globally, which would be useful.

@bradley We will look into this and post an update once we have prioritised it.

Would also love for there to be a way to update the Color Scheme to allow for easy differentiation for training purposes.

We would love to use our Sandbox environment as an easy way to bring new CSMs into Gainsight and have them play around without being afraid of compromising data. End users rarely look for a URL as a difference between training and live, so along with the above comments, the ability to visually change it would be very welcomed. 

@RoxConroy check out this Chrome extension that @jean.nairon made! It’s a life-saver for exactly this purpose. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-color-settings-for-ga/efmioncohocoalnmconhjddflifjkdjb

Banging the drum on this to bring it to the top again. 

It would be great to have native UI modifications to make it super obvious which instance you’re working in.  Although I’ve split my work between two chrome profiles (prod and sbx), it would be good to enable for example a box or border that makes it absolutely clear “this is a sandbox instance”.

I’m fairly sure I’ve seen internal GS instance builds that are labeled.  If this can be done internally, could this be enabled for end users?

The extension advises it requires to “read” all data from gainsightcloud; although I’m pretty confident it doesn’t actually read the data, it’s enough for nervous IT admins to reject the extension installation request for data privacy concerns, and some users just can’t install extensions full stop.