Workaround Available

GS Assist for Outlook - Log to Timeline Status

• 21 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

This was a request from one of my end users and I don’t see this functionality but it would be super useful.

Basically, what I would like to see is something similar to the timeline log status that you can get in Gmail/Chrome, but in outlook:

As far as I can tell, right now you need GS assist open and the email in question open to see if it is logged, but there’s no way to look at a folder in outlook and quickly see what has/hasn’t been logged.

P.S. if this is currently possible please show me the way.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I think my users would love this!

Userlevel 7

Hello @bradleymcg 
We will recheck this possibility and update you.

Userlevel 5

Hello @bradleymcg, thank you for your post, quickly looping in our Product Manger to throw some light here.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hello @bradleymcg 
We would love todo that, unfortunately we cannot add anything on outlook email. This is a limitation on Outlook framework. So only best solution we could provide now is showing that status in add-in space as soon as u open that email.

I have an account manager who uses a Salesforce and Linkpoint connection that allows them to see in the subject line that the email was logged to their CRM:

So it seems like this is actually possible? @chethana 

Userlevel 7

Hello @bradleymcg 
We would love todo that, unfortunately we cannot add anything on outlook email. This is a limitation on Outlook framework. So only best solution we could provide now is showing that status in add-in space as soon as u open that email.

Userlevel 3

@PavanCh , anything we are able to share here?