GS Assist for Outlook - Log to Timeline Status

Related products: None

This was a request from one of my end users and I don’t see this functionality but it would be super useful.

Basically, what I would like to see is something similar to the timeline log status that you can get in Gmail/Chrome, but in outlook:

As far as I can tell, right now you need GS assist open and the email in question open to see if it is logged, but there’s no way to look at a folder in outlook and quickly see what has/hasn’t been logged.

P.S. if this is currently possible please show me the way.

I think my users would love this!

Hello @bradley, thank you for your post, quickly looping in our Product Manger to throw some light here.

Hello @bradley 
We would love todo that, unfortunately we cannot add anything on outlook email. This is a limitation on Outlook framework. So only best solution we could provide now is showing that status in add-in space as soon as u open that email.

Hello @bradley 
We would love todo that, unfortunately we cannot add anything on outlook email. This is a limitation on Outlook framework. So only best solution we could provide now is showing that status in add-in space as soon as u open that email.

I have an account manager who uses a Salesforce and Linkpoint connection that allows them to see in the subject line that the email was logged to their CRM:

So it seems like this is actually possible? @chethana 

Hello @bradley 
We will recheck this possibility and update you.

@PavanCh , anything we are able to share here?

@chethana @anirbandutta @PavanCh any update on this?

@ssamarth could you pl take a look.

cc @Bhawya 

Just had this request from our CSMs too, noting that SF are able to (this is in Outlook)

Hey @anirbandutta can we get a “response needed from Gainsight PM” in community? :p 

I am checking on latest PM responsibilities in this area.

Hello Team,

The Timeline log statuses you see in Gmail cannot be replicated in Outlook due to technical limitations existing in the latter. What we understand is the following:

1. Outlook allows end users to choose and pre define list of color coded categories to their messages. This is probably what Salesforce is doing. In Gainsight, however, we update the status of individual Timeline logs dynamically using API calls
  2. With regards to the UI - the icon and circular container seen in Gmail plugin does not fall under definition of Outlook defined category

We do show the appropriate statuses upon clicking of each email and opening the GS Assist button.

Hope this helps.