"Group" Filters / Reset Filters for Dashboards

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

Since only admins can build dashboards, the idea here is to have "Grouped" filters that can be applied and have users to apply/modify the filters within this filter group to reduce information accordingly.

However, as a manager may want to filter down to individuals or different accounts etc. If they need to do that on a regular basis it can become a bit tedious. Therefore, If users could just use "Grouped", or Saved, filters under a certain Group Name and call them whenever needed this would come handy. Along these same lines, a general reset-all-filters-to-default for a given dashboard would be useful as well to start from scratch. 

Thanks!
Hey Josh, thanks for taking the time out to suggest. Can you please explain your concept of Grouped filters with an example? It'll be hugely useful to appreciate its value.
Hi Sudarshan, it was me who created the original request. So maybe I can jump in here.

The basic idea is to being able to save filters that have been applied for later use. Ideally if I filter for something specific I could save that filter setting under a name and reset the filter to default afterwards. Later when I need the same filter settings again I could just load them from somewhere. 

By that users could create sort of their own dashboards from a generic view. I can imaging that for managers this is quite useful to drill down to activities of individuals or accounts.

Best regards,

Justin
Hey Justin, Got it ! So its a concept of saved filters at a global level which you can apply on demand for individual Dashboards/reports . That would be a great idea. I will look into it and start scoping it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
I concur with this.  As we build out our Dashboards for each Department we are intentionally creating dashboard wide filters so that managers AND individuals can quickly adjust the dashboard data set to see the information that is important to THEM.  Don't get me wrong, the top level Department wide view is needed, and quite important.  But it doesn't trump the need for each individual within that department to want to see THEIR information.

Here's a specific example.  We have a Support dashboard that shows open tickets by stage, status, product, priority, age, etc. in a variety of widgets, graphs and tables.  The information is great, but if you are one of many people managing those tickets, it can be distracting to your individual productivity.  For individuals to become truly productive they need to see THEIR tickets by stage, status, product, etc.

We can "kind of" do this today by enabling dashboard wide filters and teaching each individual how to manipulate them, but we all agree that Admins and/or individuals should have the ability to create pre-canned sets of filters that could be reused and shared for quick retrieval.

Thanks Josh and Justin for writing this as a request.  It definitely has our vote for a useful enhancement!
I too would greatly appreciate this feature.  My use case involves working on historical trending analysis for a small subset of accounts (25) vs all accounts.  I want to compare this data on a handful of reports and it would be great to add a single filter entry for each report to see the result.  The 25 were chosen somewhat randomly so the only way (I am aware of) to look at the same 25 accounts across multiple reports is to punch in each account on each report manually.  Is there a Filter Builder on the roadmap?