Gong Integration - anyone should be able to edit timeline entry

Related products: None

We are having issues where a CSM will attend a call from someone else internally, but when the Gong meeting syncs they cannot edit bc the owner is actually a colleague (think sales, support, etc). 

It would be better for a CSM to be able to edit any Gong entry so that they can add their notes from the meeting

We have another use case for this. 

A CSM is working with our internal strategy team or external partners on an account. These strategy team members and external partners have multiple contacts across a couple of accounts. When the Gong meeting syncs, it is showing up on all the accounts the internal/ partners have contacts for even though it is not relevant to that account and clogging up the other accounts timeline.

A CSM should be able to remove this as the system is trying to be “too smart” and instead causing issues.

adding @Bhawya , @manu_mittal to this thread

YES! Email is not unique in our environment - good to have options for flexibility. At a minimum GS Admins should be able to.

Any update on this @anirbandutta ?

This is a challenge for us as well. The Gong integration is great, but a CSM needs to be able to edit the notes on the automatic timeline entry. 

Ran into a new situation for this:

Need to be able to change the company. Unfortunately Gong get the association wrong, which logs to GS wrong. Once it is in GS, you cannot edit and if you correct in Gong it does not update. This happens most often when we have a contact on multiple accounts.

AT MINIMUM should be able to use the associate account so it also shows in the correct account but IDEALLY this would be removed from the wrong account all together. Right now you need to submit a support ticket to get this done

I think the issues we are having is because the integration is only one way and one time. If we can correct the source data that update should ideally flow back into GS. 

The request below covers all scenarios and I think these points should be thought through for the integration between two systems to have same information at any given time. If I cannot be consistent with the source what is the point of the integration.

This post linked has the most most votes and comments, lets try to bump this one up higher

In order to accurately track my team’s activities they need to be able to edit the creator/owner of the timeline activities. If someone other than themselves creates the calendar invite no one can edit and give the correct person credit.