Gmail/ Gainsight integration | Default save to timeline checkbox to be permanently ticked

Related products: None

I know there is this option with the gmail integration. 

Because this is manual, it sometimes gets missed. A CSM might forget to tick it sometimes. 

Can I please request that there is a setting option to allow for it to default to be always ticked?

For example, in HubSpot, ALL emails are automatically tracked and logged (but it is a setting that you can change per user, whether you want it default on or default off). 

This would be a great feature to have in Gainsight as well. 

Hi @Cheri, thank. you for your post. Forwarding this feature request to our Product Manager to see if this could be involved in our road map.

@Cheri Thanks for sharing this idea. We have not given this by default as some Users may forget about the checkbox and log all emails in Timeline which may add unnecessary emails to Timeline. Providing a setting also has challenges as one user/admin enabling it may impact all users as other users might not be aware of this setting being enabled.

Nevertheless, we will look into this and post and update once we have finalised a solution.

YES this would be HUGE for us. I’ve heard this so often from CSMs and many other email tools have this feature permanently enabled. I can understand the hesitations that @soumitrasahu brings up, but even Gainsight says “If it isn’t in Timeline, it didn’t happen.”