When Reports 2.0 is enabled for non-admin access, can admin reports be edited by end users?

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

This is related to https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/non-admin-users-should-have-access-to-build-view-an... which shows to be "Answered."

I understand there is already a way to expose Reports 2.0 for non-administrators to use, but this raises some concerns for me:

- Would this give end users the ability to edit the reports created by admins?  If so, there needs to be a way to abstract the Admin-created reports so that the end users can't mess with them.

- Giving end users direct access to Reports 2.0 also could create an organization and management nightmare.  It's already a bit cumbersome searching through the reports as it is without opening the floodgates to end users to create their own.   I see there is already a related idea here:  https://getsatisfaction.com/gainsight/topics/folder-system-or-ability-to-categorize-reports so hopefully this would be organized in a way that would make management simpler.

- It seems a bit clunky to have end users be able to create their own reports, but have no dashboard to organize them so that they don't have to go back to R2.0 every time they want to run a single report.  I will open a separate idea for this.
Jeff,

You've raised some very valid concerns. While we intend to allow non admin users to create users, i agree that it should not end up in a management nightmare for admins. We will brainstorm internally on this and get back with a proper solution.

Thanks!
I would not mind if they could create reports in their own private folder that no one else can see, but I agree with Jeff, that we cannot have them show up in the general population of reports as it would be hard to find the "real admin sponsored reports."  If they believe their report would be useful to create for everyone then they could follow a process to submit a case to have the report QA'd and certified by an Admin.  I understand this request might not be applicable to everyone, especially small organizations.  We have a large organization and learned the hard way by allowing them to create any report they want in SFDC initially.  I would prefer not to make the same mistake in Gainsight.  
Sounds almost identical to our use case Ellen!  Our SFDC reports are so voluminous - but at least over there you can put them in folders that are better organized and easier to navigate than the Repository in Reports 2.0.
Any update on this?
Any update on this?
We are working toward it for sure. The first step we took recently was to add the ability to run reports in user-context, i.e., honoring permissions set up in Salesforce so that sensitive data is not exposed to folks. The next step would most likely be to have folders in place, including a private folder where user-created reports would typically go. Additionally, we'd have to think through what report building UX is best for end-users vs. the experience admins get today -- this includes exposing object structures directly vs. simplifying data access by only exposing pre-defined Data Spaces.
I believe if we just had the option of "hiding" certain objects, we could otherwise expose the object structures.  Our end users are used to open use of SFDC reporting therefore it wouldn't be a big concern for us.
How about GS Admins have the option to save their report as "Admin", which essentially locks that report from being modified from everyone except other GS Admins (keeping dashboards/reports intact) and the End Users can create their own reports which can be saved for public use.
Updated idea statusUnder ConsiderationImplemented