Global Filters for Cockpit

Related products: None

There's a way to filter the Cockpit using Advanced Filters, which is great, but it would be nice to be able for Admin users to apply a global filter that would show on all other users' views (like a report). 

We have a current use case where customers go through a series of linked CTAs/Tasks, but we would like to filter out customers that churn during the process. This currently isn't a capability that can be done via a global filter, and would require all users to apply the filter themselves. 
Thanks for sharing, Kaycee. As part of the new 5.0 UI, which should be coming your way early July, we are introducing the notion of views in Cockpit. For now, these would just be 'My CTAs' and 'All CTAs', but will soon evolve into proper saved views. We are considering this, at least initially, to be something that the admin configures as globally available views. Users could then select from the drop-down list at the top and get to the right CTAs much more quickly. 

Do you see this as something that would address your needs? Happy to jump on a call and discuss in further detail.
Also specific to your use case, perhaps you could actually use a Close CTA rule to close them (rather than just filtering them out)?
Yep, for this use case we just created this rule to help accomplish this. Very helpful!
Kaycee and I work together - part of the problem with closing a CTA for inactive customers is that it may trigger other actions.  We just need to be careful about that.  And still think being able to filter on customer status should be available.
I am very interested in hearing more about the timeline for saved views.  I'd rather this be end-user customizable (they can save their own views) rather than administrator driven because everyone likes to consume information in their own ways and reliance on administrators to create the filters makes it too rigid and decreases satsification for our end users.
It's being taken up this quarter, so should be part of one of the (calendar) Q4 releases. The approach selected is exactly what you mentioned -- save as private views, applicable to the logged-in user only.
Thanks Manu!
With the November 2016 Gainsight release, the ability to add multiple saved filters on a per user basis is GREAT!

One way that this could be even better is if admins could also create shared custom filters that would be visible for other users. This would be helpful as Kaycee mentioned in the original post. 
Any update on the possibility of having an admin created custom view available to all users?
This would be hugely useful for us as well.
Hi Dan - Any updates on this idea? Hearing it from a few customers. Thanks!
I do believe it's on the roadmap but will let Nitisha comment on timing. 
The ability for an admin to create global filters for all users would streamline our setup, instead of having to coach every user on creating the same filters would be great.
Same...huge pain point for us!
@All, Thanks for bringing this up!

Couple of questions,

Do you want the end users to be able to edit/modify/delete the views created by the Admin.

Do you want the admin created views to be visibility to everyone or particular group.
1. edit their own view - so I would set up a custom view that would show up in their drop down list, but then they could edit that list that would only affect them.  If that cannot happen (ie edits affect all) then no edit, the could modify and do a save as.

2.  I don't see a problem for all
Agree with Heather.
Passing along some feedback from another Gainsight customer today who shared a different perspective:

1. No - they should not be able to edit / delete

2. The would like the option to show to All OR to a specific group of users 

Yes please. The comments from the last few months on this post is exactly what I'm wanting.
Can we not have the option of making the editable or not? That way both sides of the issue are addressed?
Yeah same here! 
This would be super helpful for us as well, particularly the ability to create views by team (i.e. region, role, etc)
This would be very helpful from an Admin standpoint. I just had an hour long call with 5 different CSM managers where I had to walk them through the creation of a view and ensuring they got all the filters and the And/Or clauses correctly.

Would be great if we could just push this similar to dashboard and UI views.
Hi There, is there any update on the status of global filters? It would be a huge benefit to our org to be able to apply global filters for cockpit views.
We're adding more and more CSMs in Gainsight. This would be FANTASTIC... instead of taking up training time to create the filter...