Under Consideration

Gainsight Usage Report (Internal rep usage of Gainsight)

• 12 November 2015
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 7
I get an excel file emailed to me every 2 weeks with our internal Gainsight users and their page clicks into Gainsight objects by day.  Currently, this excel sheet is very hard to read as we have about 300 internal users.  I take the excel file and sum the count of page views under the rep name.  I then transpose the data on another sheet so I can sort by Rep and Count of Views to find my highest and lowest users.  I think companies might get more use out of these bi-weekly check ins if there was a summary of page or table.  

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@zach_davis did you get a chance to view the comments here.  

Userlevel 7
Badge

@kendra_mcclanahan Thanks for the field list, that’s helpful. Would love to get this level of data to help drive change management and adoption as we roll out new features, or even make updates to old ones.

@skalle What would the ask be for my COM here? If the data isn’t collected at this level of granularity then they wouldn’t be able to support my request. Are you saying it is possible and they can send me some type of report, or this type of feature request needs to be done via COM and not here?

Userlevel 5
Badge

@ellenoangieslistcom here’s a data dictionary that explains what each field represents - we don’t currently have a full data dictionary of each feature name and what they mean. @dan_ahrens FYI

@bradleymcg we don’t currently capture this level of granularity in our usage data, however I do agree it would be helpful to have this information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@zach_davis  and @kendra_mcclanahan need your inputs here.

Userlevel 5

Can you please reach out via your COM . This is a request that needs to go to our CSOps team.

Userlevel 7
Badge

@sai_ram I realize we can view the Gainsight360 page to look at general internal usage, but one thing that is really lacking for us is more granular metrics like what dashboards are being looked at and how often. Unfortunately, the current data only shows top-level data on who is going to the Dashboard area and how often.

Is there any way more granular data can be added to the roadmap? Or is it already? Sorry if this should be a separate request but it’s something that came up today and I didn’t want to duplicate - though this is several years old.

Our use case is we want a better ability to track feature adoption. If we launch a new dashboard or improve an old one, does usage go up? Down? That’s one example but the kind of detail we are looking for.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
It was on the recent roadmap presentation that the customer-facing version of CS360 (Gainsight to GS Customer) was near term I think...within next quarter?  Maybe Karl will see this and comment. 🙂
Userlevel 4
Hi Annie,

We would be happy to send you an export of your users page views. Since the login happens through SFDC and not Gainsight, we can't track distinct log-ins, but page views serve as a decent proxy for activity on any given day. 

Please submit a ticket and ask for Will (me) to help you out. I will gladly pull it for you.

Thanks!
Will
Userlevel 4
To echo the discussion here, esp. "users who have a GS license and have never logged or no activity in the app. " brought by Naquiyah. 

I'm more interested in understanding who's logining in and how often (or rather how infrequently). From support, I understand the page view details are difficult since it's pulled from google analytics. 

If not for weekly/monthly report, given it's not feasible right now, will Support be able to help with a one-time pull, so at least I can run user audits? Thanks. 
Userlevel 7
Speaking with another company today that needs on-demand access for their management of Gainsight usage by their team.  Any update on plans to make Gainsight usage accessible to customers?  Thank you!
Userlevel 6
Badge
We would also love to see this added within GS reporting!
Userlevel 5
Badge
I agree! Any updates on this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
This has been asked within our org as well.  
Userlevel 5
Badge
We'd appreciate the flexibility to build our own usage reports as well!  Any updates on this?
Userlevel 4
Seems even in SFDC there is an issue reporting on licenses. I assume this affects Gainsight's abilities as well. Having adoption metrics on users is great but I'm using a macro in Access to transpose the data and match up with other pertinent user information. Will love to have this in a dashboard one day.
Userlevel 3
Seconding this. I assume we're not the only CS-Ops Team that wants to keep close-tabs on whether the CSM's are using Gainsight WoW
Userlevel 7
Badge
Is allowing us to create these reports on our own on the roadmap? This has come up amongst our executive team this week. We would like to be able to see who is actively using Gainsight overtime to better manage our licenses.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
I just replied to my weekly graphical usage report from Gainsight, pointing out that I don't want my own usage -- as a Gainsight Admin, not a CSM -- to be skewing the metrics. Would love to be able to have access to my Gainsight usage data in Reports 2.0, for example. Our CSM director wants to know who's logging in, since we're just rolling out Gainsight.
Userlevel 5
hmm.. I do see your point on the workaround.

Feel like it would be nice in an overall general actionable insights for admins who are implementing GS in their org to check on actionable metrics on usage to praise those using and finding those not using to help understand why not. Especially as we are in our early-mid stage of people starting to use GS.

But yes for the interim the report idea sounds viable.

But yes to Wills point prob something thats not going to happen anytime soon but on the roadmap hopefully. - Thanks!

Now this is where an @ Dave Derington function would be great 😉.. to let him know for admins implementing GS within their org the actionable insights will help admins understand the nuances and have directional impact on increasing GS usage for companies whose especially newly adapting to it to increase adoption.

Naquiyah
Userlevel 6
You're right there isn't a way to filter in the Leaderboard currently.  The other thing you can do (if you wanted to send out reports via Copilot to internal users/execs) is create a report on the Call to Action object.  You can put the Call to Action:: Id in the show field with count aggregation and in the By you can put the user lookup field who owns the CTAs (usually CustomerInfo::CSM).  

You could then add a date filter as well as a status filter.  Date >= last 30 days and Call to Action:: Status = Closed

Let me know if this helps.
Userlevel 5
oohh fancy like it!

How can I sort from highest to lowest and so on? clicking around and dont see an option to sort

Thanks
Userlevel 4
Unfortunately, we don't yet have a scalable way to report & send the number of CTAs opened/closed for each customer. However, that data can be tracked internally within your own instance.

For the near term, we are limited to page view metrics.
Userlevel 6
Hi Naquiyah there is a built in Leaderboard for Closed/Open CTAs in Cockpit -> Operational Reporting.  I've attached a screenshot.  I'll have to look into getting information about most snapshots exported.

Userlevel 5
Yay great Will! Looking forward to it!

Also to add to the list would be -

- Most active by different 'actionable' metrics as in not just page views clicks but activity in terms of most closed CTAs, snapshots exported and so on

Naquiyah
Userlevel 5
I'm wondering why it has to be something "sent" at all? Seems like there should just be a dashboard with a couple different views and graphs that provide insight into the usage. Then the admin, managers, etc. could simply go to that dashboard(s) and get the info whenever they need it. Would definitely love to see that information focused on true activity; e.g. number of CTA's that were closed/had status changes in a given period, number of health scores updated, etc.