Gainsight Support Widget Upgrades

Related products: None

Hi Team,

There is very limited ability to customize the widget and what is shown in Zendesk, Service Cloud etc. Here is my idea:I have created my own C360 layout called Support Layout which provides insights in Gainsight for my support reps that they should care about.

I'd like the ability to be able to configure sections similarly to the Account/Oppotunity widget but for the support widgets that we embed directly into the ticketing system widgets for Zendesk, Service Cloud, and Dynamics. This would give full visbility into things suport reps care about, not just the "default view" that ends up with a lot of noise.

Thanks for sharing this Steve. The current Zendesk widget shows the 12 sections shown in the C360>Summary (see below), so there is a level of customization available with the "default view".

One thought - given that the overall page space allocated to the Gainsight widget within the Zendesk console, how much real estate would there be available to show the other sections that you identified in the original post? My thought is leaning toward an avenue where the support rep would simultaneously pull up a full page view of Gainsight (either C360 or Share360). What do you think?

Hi Dan,

Thanks for this. Zendesk widget will certainly be the most challenging, beacuse of the lack of real estate. Here are a few points:

• While you have 12, they are the first 12 listed on the default so if the support reps and csm's want different fields than one of them wins (or they compromise).

• The score is configured to only show "overall score". I'd like to be able to show the "support" group score and the individual measure that make up the support score.

• I'd love to actually be able to see the open CTA's with a link to take to GS if more information is needed.

• Finally, I'd like to be able to customize the gear icon -> dropdowns to additional sections.

With Service Cloud and MSFT widget I'd like it to be like this but my "support layout".

Dan, another thing that would be cool is if one of the pages in the app (drop down picture from above) was dedicated to "scorecard" where we could see more than just the Overall Score. Thanks man.

When looking at Calls to Action it does appear that you can search for an open CTA and link a ticket to it.

Another cool feature would be able to see a list of all the open CTA's here (vs just create and link to existing) under the existing Call To Action tab:

The more I read your feedback and think about the usability I'm wondering if a better solution instead of a Gainsight widget inside of Zendesk would be a Zendesk widget inside of Gainsight?

:)

I get your point, but consider it this way. Getting ticket data is (and has been) no issue for Gainsight for quite some time. Regardless of what system they use, they can push the data in and use it in reports, CTA's, scores, etc. To me the value in the Zendesk widget, it exposing data (especially those around support) back to the reps within the application they spend the most of their time.

What isn't easy at all? Writing back key busines insights into Zendesk. The only vehicle we have to expose this information in the app is the widget so as many "standard gainsight" insights we could expose in the app helps these reps.

While I know there are quite a few asks here, its really just getting more of the key components of the product exposed like CTA's, custom C360 layouts, additional scorecard information, etc. Make sense?

The more I read your feedback and think about the usability I'm wondering if a better solution instead of a Gainsight widget inside of Zendesk would be a Zendesk widget inside of Gainsight?

Mr6t.gif

@dan_ahrens I’m looking for exactly this, as an embed/VF page. Trying to hack a way around it, but wondering if you have any additional insight on how to approach this?

@gunjanm - you can embed a visual force page into a C/R 360 page in Gainsight: https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/07360/02Admin_Guides/Configure_the_Customer360_Details_(C360)_Page_and_Section_Types#Build_Embedded_Page_Sections

@dan_ahrens I accomplished this after a lot of trial and error in terms of selecting the right page and parameters. Some better documentation on this would be great. I remember setting this up for @sroma for Marketo alongside @CurtisValentine & @jean.nairon and it was a nightmare to the point that we almost gave up - last minute, we got it. 

Thanks for the feedback @gunjanm - we’ll take a look at how we can make this easier to understand.