Gainsight Assist - Timeline Entries add Activity Type

Related products: None

Hello,

I would like to suggest that Gainsight add the option to select the “Activity Type” in the Gainsight Assist app for GSuite. We base a lot of our ‘engagement’ and ‘CTAs’ with companies based on timeline activities. Our reps run into the issue of ‘logging to timeline’ with the Gainsight Assist app and it’s just logged as ‘email.’ Adding the selection to choose an activity type would make these logged timeline entries more valuable not only for our company but for others I would assume.

Custom Activity Types

Would be great if there was a drop down menu to select the proper activity that is located in the Gainsight application. Seems like this could be a quick win. Then when you create reports based on timeline activity types you will get a much more accurate representation of your teams outreach engagements other than just getting the highest percentage of timeline activities logged as ‘emails.’

Image of Gainsight Assist in GSuite. Purposed addition of a dropdown menu selection to select exactly what you see in your instance of Gainsight NXT inside of SFDC.

We categorize a lot of our activities with customers by utilizing “Activity Type.” Would love to know what others think about this upgrade idea to Gainsight Assist?

@thomascardamone thank you for sharing your idea here. I will check the possibilities with the product team and get back to you. 

@all, what do you think on this?

Hello @thomascardamone 
We do have this as part of our roadmap, I will update you once we implement this.

Hello @thomascardamone 
We do have this as part of our roadmap, I will update you once we implement this.

@chethana This is great news! Do you guys know around what quarter this might be implemented in the product?

Hello @thomascardamone 

Tentatively by Q4.

Hello @thomascardamone 

Tentatively by Q4.

@chethana Thank you for the update! This will be huge for anyone who’s CSMs use the Assist plugin. Many thanks! :)

Hi Gainsight Team! 

Just came across this request as well as this one from two years ago that are both in “Planned” status. Our CSMs are also looking for this functionality and wanted to check-in to see if this is still on the product roadmap. Thanks! 

@chethana 

We actively watching this, as it’s a HUGE request from our CSM team and one that’s been a pain-point for quite some time. Any updates on when this will be completed?

@chethana I echo what @austin_hendrix and @Andrea have mentioned here. This would save us a ton of time in having to then go back into Gsight and edit the activity type after the fact.

Hi @chethana are there any updates on if this will be planned sometime in 2023 for the Outlook version as well? Thanks in advance

cc: @ZainT