Gainsight Assist - cc'ing emails to multiple accounts w/i Gainsight

Related products: None

Use Case:  I handle communications with 1. our resellers 2. customers who have multiple accounts for various reasons, and the email thread that may involve more than one client account so that communication needs to be logged on multiple account timelines. 

Currently, in Gainsight Assist if the client account is not evident I either 1. receive a drop down to select the right account, or 2. the timeline activity goes to draft.  In scenario #1 I’d like to option to have a multi-pick list and select all applicable accounts and have that timeline activity appear on all selected accounts.  In scenario #2 I’d like to be able to populate/select multiple accounts as well. 

An alternate option would be to be able to open a timeline activity on account “A”, and copy (and/or move) it to an alternate account.

Hi @candacemarie_mitcham , this is something that we are thinking about. 

@chethana do you have any thoughts on this you’d like to share?

Hello @candacemarie_mitcham 

We will be soon providing a solution which will allow users to log emails to multiple accounts. This may not be available before Q4 as this requires considerable amount of changes in the product.
We will get back to you about the alternative solution mentioned above.

@chethana @dan_ahrens Did you guys ever roll this out or is there any update on the outlook to implement it? I got this request recently and it’s a reasonable ask when our CS team arranges for round-table activities across multiple accounts.

Hello Everyone,
We have this in our near term roadmap, tentative timeline is early Q2 2022.

Any updates on this?  We would benefit from this use case as well.  

Hi @candacemarie_mitcham -- per your original note, having the ability to create a Timeline activity and associate multiple company records is possible today. Here’s the details -- https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Timeline/02Admin_Guides/Configure_Associated_Records_to_Timeline

It sounds like you still would like the ability to link multiple companies from GS Assist, but the alternate option you mentioned is possible so hopefully that helps at least a little!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I need sometime to dig into this but what I can confirm is that this capability is not available in GS Assist at this point and it’s not on the roadmap for FY24. But I will work with the Timeline PM to understand the workaround approach that @slee has proposed and then evaluate if that can be extended to GS Assist. I won’t be able to provide an ETA at this point, unfortunately. 

PlannedAcknowledged

Updated idea statusAcknowledgedWorkaround Available

Similarly, can Gainsight Assist be improved to include the instructor’s institution or campus? For example if Susan Smith teaches at both College A and College B, can Gainsight Assist give you the choice between “Susan Smith-College A” and “Susan Smith-College B”? While being able to document an email on more than one account would be terrific, this would also be helpful. You’d still only select one instructor, but you’d be able to pick the right account for that instructor more easily.