Follow Up: The ability to change the "FROM" email address when using the email assist feature

Related products: None

Follow up to this idea: =18948887#reply_18948887]https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/the-ability-to-change-the-from-email-address-when-u...

Looking for the ability to customize specifically the "from email" and "from name" in the email assist tool for our pooled account management program not just the send domain. We can control this in gmail using the from dropdown (see screenshot) and in co-pilot via the standard form:

Use-case 1 -- Advisors (scaled CSMs) have consultation with a customer. They create a CTA and apply the post-consultation playbook which includes an email with a post-consultation materials. Using the above advisor as an example - the email should come from Sumat Lam "cateam@box.com". That way if the customer responds to the email, it is pushed back into the ticketing pool.

Use-case 2 (per Lane H.) -- Coverage while a CSM is OOO (maternity / paternity leave)

I do agree --- exposing this to everyone can be risky. Controls would need to be put in place to validate senders to specific email addresses.

Ideas around access: 

Designate a set of 'approved list of send from email addresses'. A CSM wouldn't be able to put anyone's email address in, but could choose from a list of available options. That way an email address could be exposed for a certain time -- like maternity/paternity leave, but then removed once the mom/dad returns. 

Permissions to 'approved send from lists' could be controlled by User, Role, and/or Profile.

I think a combination of the above would be perfect to protect against risk.

Adding another to the need for this. We have a few coordinators that would like the ability to send on behalf of CSMs. Thanks for staying on top of this @nora_soza 

Hello All,

I am going through the posts shared earlier. i am happy to share the request is addressed and we will be releasing this feature in July.

Hello @nora_soza 

This requirement is part of our roadmap, this will be picked up as one of priority feature.

Hello All,

I am going through the posts shared earlier. i am happy to share the request is addressed and we will be releasing this feature in July.

Hi @chethana, I wanted to check up on this feature. Is there any news on a release date?

Hello All,

This feature is work in progress, soon it will be available for use. I will  keep you posted about release timelines.

Hello All,
This feature is WIP, this will be released soon. Here is a preview of how it will look like.Both From and Reply-to will have drop down.

Hi All! We have recently come across the need for this - specifically with the holiday season - we need additional coverage for CSMs. Managers have been asking for the ability to change the from information to ensure they receive any necessary follow up.

@chethana , Will the drop down lists be the user table or managed separately?

Thanks!

Hello All,
We are working on this , by Q2 this should be available in cockpit.

@chethana @nitisha_rathi I had a customer ask about this earlier today. Do we have an update on the status of this request? Thank you!

Hello @jnunes 
Hello All,
We are working on this , by end of Q2 this should be available in cockpit.

Hey Team- Any update on this one?

Hello @prithvi_vihari 
We are working on this , by end of Q2 this should be available in cockpit.

Running into this issue today where we need our pooled CSM team to be able to use a CTA task to send out digital business reviews from our generic Customer Success email so that followups can be managed properly. It’s Q3 now, is this feature ready to be released?

Hello @nora_soza 

Yes, it has made it to roadmap and we are actively working on this. Tentative release timeline is September.

This feature is so needed!  Any update on a release date?  

Hello All,
we will be releasing this feature as part fo email from anywhere platform in Nov release, however it will be enabled in Nov, there will be a phased roll out for customers due to the data migration involved. Gainsight team will reach-out to plan the phases.  

@chethana Can the ‘hand raisers’ in this thread be a part of the 1st phase if they would like? I need this feature like yesterday so I would like to be a part of ‘Phase 1’ if possible?

Hi @chethana !

One of my customer was also interested in this feature to choose various email address in the “From” attribute of Email assist feature. Can we please share the tentative ETA for this feature?

Best,

Hardik

@chethana do we have an ETA here? We are trying to roadmap when our Pooled group can come into Gainsight, as this will be a much-needed feature for them and is a dealbreaker if we cannot get this going.

@chethana Would love an ETA estimate and to be considered in the early phases of rollout. It is pretty cumbersome to asked our pooled CSMs to leave cockpit to send emails.

@sriram pasupathi if you could take a look at this pl

@here This feature is in beta right now. Whoever has opted for the Email From Anywhere beta will already have access to this feature. Please contact your Gainsight counterpart if you want to try out this feature immediately. 

Hi All,

Support for organisation wide email has been implemented.

Pls refer the support doc here - https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Email_Assist/Email_Assist_2.0/What's_New_in_Email_Assist_2.0#New_Features