Follow Up: The ability to change the "FROM" email address when using the email assist feature

Related products: None

Follow up to this idea: =18948887#reply_18948887]https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/the-ability-to-change-the-from-email-address-when-u...

Looking for the ability to customize specifically the "from email" and "from name" in the email assist tool for our pooled account management program not just the send domain. We can control this in gmail using the from dropdown (see screenshot) and in co-pilot via the standard form:

Use-case 1 -- Advisors (scaled CSMs) have consultation with a customer. They create a CTA and apply the post-consultation playbook which includes an email with a post-consultation materials. Using the above advisor as an example - the email should come from Sumat Lam "cateam@box.com". That way if the customer responds to the email, it is pushed back into the ticketing pool.

Use-case 2 (per Lane H.) -- Coverage while a CSM is OOO (maternity / paternity leave)

I do agree --- exposing this to everyone can be risky. Controls would need to be put in place to validate senders to specific email addresses.

Ideas around access: 

Designate a set of 'approved list of send from email addresses'. A CSM wouldn't be able to put anyone's email address in, but could choose from a list of available options. That way an email address could be exposed for a certain time -- like maternity/paternity leave, but then removed once the mom/dad returns. 

Permissions to 'approved send from lists' could be controlled by User, Role, and/or Profile.

I think a combination of the above would be perfect to protect against risk.
We have a need for this as well. I would want this feature limited to our Senior CSMs as well as Admins.
Hi,

This is in our roadmap but the ETA is not decided yet. I will post the update once we decide the ETA.

Thanks,

Nitisha
We have a need for this too. My CSMs work in a team environment, where they work in a shared inbox. Using their personal email addresses will just confuse the customer. Hope to see this feature rolled out in the near future!
Our tech-touch team would love this feature. Each rep has their own book of customers, but customers reach out to a general, team oriented, email account
Upvote from us; we have recently adopted a CSM-team based approach for our lower touch customers. If we send from Gmail, we can choose "success@" but this is not available in Cockpit.

I'd be interested to know what Gainsight CSMs do as they have csm@gainsight.com themselves?
+1

We want to be able to have CSMs send Email Assists from our "accounting@" email address, for the "your auto-renewal is coming up" notification, so it can feel as automated as it is. However, we want the reply-to to go to the individual CSM.
We literally did the same thing. It is so nice. It is also much more trackable in terms of "what is your day-to-day" workload. This is great for our manager of CS to know who is getting hammered and who has capacity.

If we could email out from success@, we could have CTA interactions funnel to that same system.
Phil, we used to have a CSM-team based approach. I created a Salesforce User (we had extra licenses lying around), with its email address being csm@, and made it the CSM for all of those Accounts. It was useful for Co-Pilot and Surveys, just not Email Assist.
This is very important to achieving an efficient workflow for our team and would largely increase the use of Gainsight beyond our more standard CoPilot outreach.  
+1 for this!  This would help customers more efficiently manage email assist tasks!
+1 for this feature.  We have a pooled model and want them to use Email Assist to send from the generic e-mail.  When is this feature expected to be released on the roadmap?
+1 as well. Allow Organization-Wide Email Addresses similar to other features in Gainsight.
Hi everyone,

I can't remember the last time I saw an idea with 30 "me toos". :)

I asked our Product team to provide an update, so stay tuned!
Hi All,

We understand the use-cases and this feature is on the roadmap but may not be available for another 3-4 months. We will post updates once we have clarity on the ETA.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Has anyone found any workarounds to be able to send from Gainsight while we wait on the ability to send from a different from address? 
I just came across this thread and wanted to see if there was any update on an ETA or a workaround for the use cases described? We are looking to improve our CSM team's GS workflows and this functionality would be really helpful!

+1, this would be super useful for our team!

Hi Nitisha,

Are there any updates available for this post?

Also interested in an update on ETA or work around. News?

+1, we'd love to send these from support@ in order to have the tickets/emails get tracked through zendesk as our entire Services department works out of that system for customer communication. This is preventing us from using this functionality all together unfortunately!

This is our exact use case as well! Currently our services/support team also isn't able to make use of Email Assist because we are not able to route the replies back into Zendesk.

We need this as well

Also needed!

Hello All,

Happy to let you all know this is considered for short term roadmap.I will keep you updated about the release.

Hey Team -- Glad to see some traction on this as we’re actively reviewing our scaled model and this continues to be an enhancement needed to build some seamless handoff between our team members. @chethana - Are you able to provide confirmation if this has made it into roadmap?